February 28th > September 7th. 2008

Don't have my pics uploaded but I'll do it soon.

I'm pretty ed with my transformation. Before I started working out, I was 5'9, 265 lbs, now I am 195 lbs. Massive stretch marks all over my body/arms, none that are visible anywhere on my legs. I feel gross, feels like a lot of excess skin that is blocking the muscle on my arms/legs/stomach. I don't feel like going through surgery. Will the skin ever reattach itself to my body? I'm a 22 year old male.

Also, I think I need a new training regime. I haven’t noticed any difference in the last 2 months of working out. Can anyone give me a good routine to shoot for? I won't follow it to the button, but I'll try my best. I'm working on lifting/cardio to try and get rid of this excess skin.

• 2 weeks later...

I felt like you a few months ago. I weighted 120Kg, then two months ago I was 55, now Im around 60. The strecht marks are not going to vanish, but I realised that when the muscle grows the strecht marks are less noticeable. I dont work much my abs for that reason because I have extra skin there. You have to be patient, with time the muscle will appear making you look better

Don't have my pics uploaded but I'll do it soon.

I'm pretty ed with my transformation. Before I started working out, I was 5'9, 265 lbs, now I am 195 lbs. Massive stretch marks all over my body/arms, none that are visible anywhere on my legs. I feel gross, feels like a lot of excess skin that is blocking the muscle on my arms/legs/stomach. I don't feel like going through surgery. Will the skin ever reattach itself to my body? I'm a 22 year old male.

Also, I think I need a new training regime. I haven’t noticed any difference in the last 2 months of working out. Can anyone give me a good routine to shoot for? I won't follow it to the button, but I'll try my best. I'm working on lifting/cardio to try and get rid of this excess skin.

Good work on the weight loss!

Unfortunately, no amount of cardio is going to make loose skin firm up, and nothing really gets rid of stretch marks. Like Allantgy said, adding more lean mass will firm up the skin more, so if anything, I'd strongly suggest taking a turn to work on increasing your size slowly to "fill up" the loose skin you have to make it less noticeable. Unfortunately, when losing weight too quickly one can get loose skin, and that stuff usually never changes the way it looks on most people. A friend of ours who had lost over 100 lbs. had so much loose skin on her stomach, it looked similar to a kangaroo pouch, and the only way she could get rid of it was through surgery. That's why weight loss should be done at a reasonable pace and there should be work to maintain or gain some lean mass along the way, otherwise, the skin issue can be worse off. Best of luck in your mission!