EliteXC: Heat

hey, we are already discussing this over here.

no matter. thanks for that video. we couldn't believe the last minute drama going on . a last minute injury for Shamrock and the doctors wouldn't clear him for the fight. when i heard Seth Petruzzeli was the replacement, i knew he could win the fight. he is in a lower weight class, Kimbo was about 30 lbs. heavier than him. Kimbo also had a height and reach advantage, so i guess they thought it was safe to put Seth in a fight with him. but i knew he was more experienced and has faced tougher opponents, so he would not buy into the hype machine and would not be intimidated by Kimbo. and we all saw what happened.

it'll be interesting to see what they do now. do they keep hyping Kimbo, or turn to hyping Seth? or do they just focus on Gina Carano. or do they try to get a new cash cow in Tito Ortiz? he mentioned he was pretty close to signing a deal with them soon.

oh... there were some other fights that night.

for me, Benji Radach KO Ninja Rua was an upset. i really thought Rua would take this one. but props to Benji. and it was a really good fight with both fighters coming out to bang. at one point in the 1st round, they nearly had a double KO, when they both landed solid shots and dropped at the same time.

Jake Shields! Daley did look better in the stand up, but Shield's BJJ was just too good. classic, patient, and bam, there's the armbar. still impressed by him.

Gina Carano looked much better than i expected. i heard she was very worn out from the cutting weight process. wonder how she will do against Cyborg, she seems to be the next challenger for her.

great seeing a top 10 heavyweight like Andrei Arlovski in action again. turned out as i expected. and what was with all those Fedor commercials? somethings gonna get announced soon.