Dream

Trev

Now that WEC and Sengoku have their own threads, I thought I'd start a proper one for Dream.

I know Dream 7 was pretty lame. If it wasn't for the Hello Japan incident it would have been really dull. But Dream 8 looks more promising.

Shinya Aoki is promising to usher in a new era of Japanese MMA on Sunday. Big words, I hope he can live up to them! I'm sure FEG is hoping the same after their last event.

• 2 weeks later...
Now that WEC and Sengoku have their own threads, I thought I'd start a proper one for Dream.

I know Dream 7 was pretty lame. If it wasn't for the Hello Japan incident it would have been really dull. But Dream 8 looks more promising.

Shinya Aoki is promising to usher in a new era of Japanese MMA on Sunday. Big words, I hope he can live up to them! I'm sure FEG is hoping the same after their last event.

aoki got wrecked.

and this was one of the best cards in a long time. I think Galvalo has a promising future.

and the guy coming out dressed as Akuma was awesome, along with the rest of that fight.

Yeah, he got dispatched... He had a real slick takedown and was looking good... for about 20 seconds. He just found himself right in front of Sakurai's knees, and no way to block them. Ouch. I think he should go back to Lightweight. I think he should also check himself into a Muay Thai gym for striking lessons and to get that chin toughened up.

I'd be disappointed for Aoki if I didn't like Sakurai but it would be awesome to see Mach in the final. Galvao looked awesome for only his 3rd pro MMA fight. Jason High was also impressive, although his fight wasn't much of a test, more of a drill. The next round of the welterweights should be awesome!

And that attempted backflip to pass the guard was insane!