Vegan Strength table on VF

hey, im running the vegan strength table over on vegan fitness this year so this is just a post to get you strong muscular lurkers over here to go post your totals!

http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5666

we have almost 40 guys and 13 women on the table now. all the rules for hte lifts are posted in the thread - i hope to see some of you over there

rob - i need your weight to add to the table.

jonathan

ah come on guys and gals!!!

formicalinoleum - you are pushing/pulling some great weights - any chance i can persuade you to test your maxes?

roid-rage - you should definately test your maxes - use that new found mass!

lelle - your progress recently has been fantastic - its really motivating being on the table.

seasiren - now you have a squat cage you have no excuse!

and anyone else i have missed out!

jonathan

I posted the weights I'm currently working with, though it's just for squat and bench.

I'll need to start deadlifting and test my 1RMs, then I'll update my info. I don't really know how to test my 1RMs, though. I suppose I keep on adding weight until I can't do the lift any more, right? Where should I start? Perhaps just slightly above the weight I have been using for multiple reps?

pretty much - take your bench, 7reps with 75lb if im not mistaken....try 90lbs for a single first, then if thats really easy 100 and so on..

deadlifting will be great for you to get into - it will strengthen your back and help your squat and its the biggest lift i love the simplicity of it - big weight on the floor, pick it up!

thankyou for posting your numbers as far as i know, its the only vegan strength table on the net, so the more strong vegans we have on it the better

jonathan

I've totally gotten my workout buddy into lifting heavy. (She's not vegan, sadly.) She said that the other evening when we were working out, some woman who had come in to stretch was watching us with amazement. So hopefully, we will maybe inspire other women in the gym to lift heavy, too.

Mostly it's guys in there though. Guys who spend all their time on their chests and biceps. Hardly anyone squats.

liz - thankyou for posting on the table

other people who arent on it - bit disapointed really. there are some really strong people here, whether you yourself think it or not. even if you only post once, you are helping to defy the stereotype of weak vegans, by being one of a list of many many strong vegans. i know some of you here are already on the table and thankyou

jonathan