Anybody tried Tabata workouts ?

I've been doing lately some HIIT workouts. I've stumbled upon something called Tabata workout. Supposedly it's an super HIIT workout that burns more fat than any HIIT, and it takes only 4 minutes per workout. I've seen some of the exercises and frankly I've been already doing some of them in my Core/Strength workouts anyway, just not as fast as Tabata training advices. I don't see how it can burn more than HIIT sprinting!? Anybody tried it for burning fat?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I don't know how much fat it will burn, but I'm doing the Your are your own gym program, and there are tabatas, 8 rounds of 20 seconds workout, 10 secods rest, the excercises should be done as fast as possible. There are harder excercises, for example let me ups, my muscles were burning by the 5. of 6. round, it's really hard

You can do tabatas for any kind of workout, maybe because it raises your heart rate really good and you also have to use your muscles more, do tabatas for all kinds of excercises, push ups, pull ups, etc etc. de more muscle you use the more fat you will burn