3.000cal nutrition plan - what do you think?

Petitpois

Hi everyone,

It would be great if you could give me your opinion about this :

(& is it safe on the long run?)

Weight: 140.8 pounds (64kg)

Hight: 70.5 inch (179cm)

I want to bulk up with this:

Every day:

- Seeds & Nuts (mix of flax, pumpkin, sesame, sunflower & english walnuts)

60g

- Dry fruits (mix of dates, raisins, figs, plums)

60g

- Lentils or Beans

300g (when cooked)

- Millet & Quinoa OR Buckwheat & Brown rice

400g (when cooked)

- Oatmeal

200g

- Soy & Pea protein

50g

- Seitan

100g

- Tempeh

100g

- Olive oil

12g

Total: -- 168g protein | 361g carb | 66g fat | 2.600 cal

Veggies & fruits, each days:

- banana (80g),

- apple (160g),

- spinach (80g),

- broccoli or Brussels sprouts (150g),

- parsley (30g),

- tomato (80g),

- carrot (150g)

a bit of ginger, lemon, and 1 other serving of fruits and vegetables to bring variety (depending on the season).

With those, total would be around:

180g protein | 445g carb | 66g fat | 3000 cal

What do you think?

3000 is not enough to bulk at your height, I'd shoot for something more like 4000. To me your fat intake is rather low so I'd be looking to add calories in this area via peanut butter, olive oil, avocados, coconut products etc. You might also want to drop the amount of fresh veggies as all this fibre will make you feel full & make it harder to consume all the calories you need from other sources.

Thanks Nicolas Weir & James,

You might be right about fresh fruits & veggies, the problem is that I want to have my 9 servings of fruits & veggies / day (recommended for long term health). But I find it already difficult to consume my 3.000 calories, I'll try to get my body used to it, little by little and then eventually see if I could go with more food...

Thanks Nicolas Weir & James,

You might be right about fresh fruits & veggies, the problem is that I want to have my 9 servings of fruits & veggies / day (recommended for long term health). But I find it already difficult to consume my 3.000 calories, I'll try to get my body used to it, little by little and then eventually see if I could go with more food...

That's the trick, gradually increase as your body adapts to consuming more cals. I started at 3000 cal and went up about 100-150 cal each week until I reached wheree I am now (4200 cal a day), I am pretty lazy too and don't ssem to have gained any fat at all. (I am bulking).