Hi from Austin.

CaseyJonesATX

Hey Guys,

Great forum you've got here!

I decided to go vegan and abstain from alcohol and tobacco for Lent this year. I'm not religious, but I think entertaining bouts of self-denial and disrupting routines makes for an interesting life. I'm 24 and was vegan for 2 years in highschool and vegetarian for another 4 in college. Sort of fell off that train, but hopefully I'll continue the diet after Easter. (Seriously doubt I'll keep the drinking off though)

When I ate veg growing up, it was purely for ethical reasons and I never really pursued a healthy, whole foods style diet. I'm excited to turn that around.

For you fellow Austinites, I live up near 290 and 183, but work off South Congress and Riverside. Spring is rearing it's head and the ladies on SoCo are looking amazing!

Anyways, I'm off to the gym for some chest and cardio. Take it easy!

Nice, two of my good friends recently moved to Austin, and one of them happens to be the founder of this website. I hear its a good place to be meat free, food options and like-minded people.

That's cool you are challenging yourself for lent. Doesn't need to be a religious thing and any reasons we can come up with to work at improving ourselves are good reasons. Check out the fitness journal section. There are many people that have been holding themselves accountable for their goals but recording their workouts and what they have been eating. Never know, it may help you to stay on track.

Oh and yeah the no booze thing....haha... I don't know, maybe one challenge at a time, lets not go crazy hahaha. I celebrated national margarita day the other day...yum.

-Dylan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, welcome! Looks like we're pretty close. I live on East riverside and work downtown. I'm at the auditorium shores pull ups bars or running town lake trail pretty much every day. Hit me up if you wanna work out some time.

-Ben

P.S. I quit drinking 1/1/12, no plans to go back I don't think. Definitely feel better overall that way.

Welcome to the group!

I'm also in Austin. We seem to have a growing community fo members from Austin and around TX on this forum.

Great to have you.

Will you be at the VegFest on March 31st?

Come on out for it. I'll be there and I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of people.

All the best!

-Robert