For those about to rock, we salute you!

telperionflower

Hi all. My name's Nick, I've been vegan for about 10 years now. I'm 24, 5'7", 165lbs. In my early years as a vegan, I was more physically active. I was on my high school tennis team, and I did more biking, running, stuff like that. It's been a while since I've done any regular exercise, but a month ago I moved out of my parents' place. 3 weeks ago I quit smoking, and this week I've started an exercise/nutrition program with my friend to help me lose fat and gain muscle. I want to stay around my current weight, maybe lose a little, but nothing unhealthy. I'm not interested in getting jacked; just your GQ/Brad Pitt in Fightclub/etc. kind of physique, you know. I'm sick of being scrawny/fat and not proud of my body. Outside of that, I'm a guitar player. I graduated with my music bachelor's in 2010, and I play lead guitar in a band called Breaker. We're recording our first album in about a month, so that's exciting. I work as a driver in the day, and I'm hoping to start teaching guitar lessons once the album recording is over. I joined this forum for inspiration, and also for tips on nutrition and exercise as a vegan looking to gain muscle. That's the essentials; I don't want to bore you with the details

Hi Nick. Sounds like you are making good decisions. I quit smoking about 7 years ago. I don't think I could exercise if I did. You'll love it. I can run for a long time with barely getting winded at all. Used to get tired walking up stairs (sad I know). Welcome to forums hope you stick with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Nick, welcome to the group here. It sounds like you have come to some conclusions and are ready to make some positive changes. Your title fits you well, you sound like you're about to start rockin' and we salute you man!

-Dylan