Greetings! Military guy from VA

knomad56

What's up everyone, my name is Dave and I've been vegan since Jan 14th, 2011 after having read The China Study. My vegan standpoint is more of a nutritional one than ethical but I'm on board with a harmonious life with our animal buddies for sure

Just a little info about me, I'm 32 years old born and raised in Philadelphia, PA and have been living in Hampton Roads, VA since 2000. I've been in the Navy for 14 years and am currently a Chief Petty Officer (E-7). I love the outdoors, kayaking, camping, mountain biking, trail running, etc... anything with a beach, pool, or trail is cool with me! I've been married for 8 years to my super hot wife Ashley and we have two kids: Enzo (6) and Roman (4) and we have 3 dogs Daytona (11 y/o boxer mix) Chino (10 y/o beagle), and Chili (1 y/o black lab/golden retriever mix).

I've been athletic my whole life but have struggled to battle back poor genetics and a family-wide history of heart disease, cancer, alcoholism, hypothyroidism, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. As you can see, veganism resolves a lot of these issues hence my decision to live that life!

At 5'7" and 200lb my body composition is not exactly where I want it to be. I'm an natural endomorph with mesomorphic traits and build muscle easily and fast, as well as the negative side of gaining fat fast and having a hard time getting rid of it. At this point I'm about a month + into lifing again and will post some pics soon of my current state. Reading Roberts VBB&F book has definitely given me some excellent direction but being in the military and having standards to meet I cant work purely bodybuilding and exclude cardiovascular fitness as well so I'm working a combination of the two as my primary fitness goal.

This is kinda turning into a novel so I'll stop here and say a hearty hello and nice to meet everyone.

Dave

Edited by knomad56

Ross, here's the program I'm using for 60 days as I readjust to lifting again. Additionally, I'm running 3 miles a day. I'm about a month in at this point and I'm seeing great gains every single day! Key is to start with a weigh that you can do 10 perfect reps with, then only increase when 15 reps can be completed per set.

DAY 1

WARM UP 15 MIN CARDIO

COOL DN 20 MIN BIKE

DIPS 2x 15-20 reps

PULL UPS 2x 10 reps

SQUATS 2x 10-15 reps

CRUNCHES 1x FAILURE

CALVES 1x 50 reps

**one day rest**

DAY 2

WARM UP 15 MIN CARDIO

COOL DN 20 MIN BIKE

BENT BARBELL ROW 2x 10-15 reps

STANDING BARBELL PRESS 2x 10-15 reps

DEADLIFT 2x 10-15 reps

CRUNCHES 1-FAILURE

CALVES 1-FAILURE

**one day rest**

As this is just an intro forum, I'll continue the log in a separate thread in the appropriate location