What will you eat during the holidays?

robert

What are some of the foods you will be looking forward to eating during the holiday season? I know not everyone celebrates holidays this time of year so I don't mean to offend anyone. I know many of you do celebrate something this time of year and get together with friends and family for dinners, parties, celebrations of some kind.

What will you eat?

I always like to eat vegan versions of cakes, pies, tofurkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, bean salads, rolls, chocolate, cider, and lots of other things including soynog I don't eat a totally raw diet, I'm probably 50% raw, but around the holidays I'm only 10% raw All 100% vegan of course, but I eat more treats.

Do you have any favorites? Please share, and we can get some new ideas for holiday meals.

-R B

I used to do the holiday "find vegan equivalents for traditional foods' thing) and I particulary liked making "un-stuffed" stuffing with apples and sunflower seeds added and lots of sage for seasoning. Love that crusty top it gets when you bake it in the oven.

This year, I'm not doing anything special, but I did a week-long cleanse during Thanksgiving week (I teach at a university, and we had the whole week off---used to have just Wed-Fri off, but students took Monday and Tuesday off as well!). Kind of the opposite of what eveyone else does during this time!

I'm don't care for sweets but I have several batches for guests, vegan of course, choc chip, sugar, peanut butter, oatmeal, & choc no cook as well as cakes and pies. What doesn't get eaten will go home with guests or to the fire dept or police station for the crew there.

For Christmas dinner, tofurkey with the gravy and dumlins', , nut loaf, corn bread stuffing, mash potatoes, candied yams, green bean casserole, cranberries, fruit salad & rolls.

Also on several bowls of various candies & nuts about the house.

Drinks are, several options for Adult Beverages (bar), Sparkeling water, juices, herbal tea, several choices of coffee, and various sodas.

Southern hospitality at it's best, I want everyone to feel welcome and comfortable, have a wonderful time, and leave fed .

FYI - most are omnis and completely enjoy the food, not feeling like they were deprived in anyway.

We're very untraditional for the holidays. This year I'll make green chile sauce.

We have 'candy/cookie' day at work today & I'm taking a batch of 'wacky candy.' Hopefully my co-workers will eat most of it.

What doesn't get eaten will go .....to the fire dept or police station for the crew there.

Sea Siren, this is such a great idea!!