experienced Juicers/enzyme seekers..!

I have a question for you...

I have read a number of books dealing with juicing, the positive effects of,

enzyme extraction, how too... etc. etc.,

I have also read about blending(such as a smoothie), and the pros and cons.

Anyhow, my question is.. what do you think is better, juicing or blending?

Does anyone know of any articles that list specific gains and losses of the two?

For example, juicing wheatgrass is very healthy,

but I have read that if you blend it, it oxidises...

making it not as useful as if it were juiced.

Are other veggies like this??

I would just really like to know..and haven't been able to find a source

that could distinguish the difference other than "juicing is better"... but why

is blending inferior?

I think the problem with blending wheatgrass is that the fiber is indigestible by we humans. Other foods, though, don't have that problem.

Have you read "Green for Life" by Victoria Boutenko? She promotes blending over juicing--and the use of 'green drinks' in particular-- because blended foods contain their fiber.

Those who promote juicing over blending say that removing the fiber is a benefit, because it allows the nutrients to be absorbed more directly. If you have non-organic produce, juicing is probably better, because the pesticides, etc. remain in the pulp.

Also, with juicing, you get a more concentrated food: good because it allows you to consume more of the vitamins and minerals, but it can be bad with some high-sugar foods like apples, for example, because you are removing the fiber that helps slow down digestion of the sugars.

One drawback to juicing, then, if you do it too much, is you could lack fiber in your diet. But if you don't do it to excess, and make sure to have enough whole foods along with it, that shouldn't be a problem.

I think it's a bit "6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other," meaning that both have their benefits.

Most of the time I like to blend but when I juice I save the pulp and bake with it. When I lose track of it in the fridge I give it to my dog so long long as its not spoiled...if it is its a great fertilizer. Really I think juicing just lets you get the nutrients faster...fiber just slows down absorbtion and also lessens the amount of carbos you get from your drink but other than that I don't really see the harm and unless you live off junk if you do decide to juice only...its kinda hard to not get enough fiber on a vegan diet.