My rabbit

DaN

So really bad news..

On Friday 13th this month (a day said to be unlucky in folklore) I squashed my pet rabbit to death in the sofabed by accident.

I have just posted it now because I was really quite upset

It was a freak accident but it reminded me how things we take for granted as safe like a sofa can actually be very harmful to animals & children.

I want people to perhaps be a little more aware of this than I was so that is why I have posted.After this I began a slight paranoia & noticed that up against my shed in the garden I had 2 concrete slabs leaning against it > they could have easily fallen right on top of any of my pets.So I moved them.

I know along this line of thought lots of things can be dangerous but it pays to be a little paranoid when it comes to the safety of the ones we love.

i am truly sorry for your loss. that is awful. i have a ferret and i have to be super super careful about when and where i let him out and its because of things like that. my dad thinks i'm paranoid (maybe a little) but i am just too scared to risk it. thanks your for reminding us all how important it is.

I'm sorry to hear that. I also have a bunny and a few wild rabbits lurking in our garden (:D) and it would be dreadful, if anything happened to her/them.

My partner also has a bunny, 1,5 years old and she's sick. And it seems that she's going to have put to sleep, 'cause she has already had three courses of antibiotics and they don't seem to work. She has Pasteurella.

I have also lost many loved ones. Two dogs, two bunnies and two guinea pigs. Now I have one dog, two guinea pigs and one bunny.

Shit happens Dan and sometimes there isn't anything you can do about it and i'm deeply soory for your loss. I had a similar instance happen to me.

We have quaker parakeets all over brooklyn and one was a stranded baby that landed in our yard. Well, I decided to bring it in and care for him. We loved each other sooooooOOOO much. He would love to lay on it's back on the palm of my hand or a pillow beside me for HOURS at a time. He would fidget a bit to let me know he needed to poop id turn him over by his cage and he'd drop one and then come back to me. My studying companion back in college. The best bird anyone could ever ask for.

*brace yourself* this gets sad... I was laying down one day and i sleep heavy and apparently, he decided to fly to me while i was asleep and the cage was open as i passed out on the books. He must have tried to lay by my side. When I woke up, he was lying face up on the side of my body.....

My father actually woke me up as he saw 'Roberto' and he had a difficult time expressing his emotions. He smacked me across my head and yelled at me and said LOOK LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID HOW COULD YOU YOU'RE TERRIBLE and then proceeded to throw my bird in the trash and shook his head. I still fill up with tears every time i think about it or tell the story. One of the saddest things that ever happened in my life.

I rollerbladed to the gym and squatted for 2 hours like a big bay in tears with music blasting in my eyes to try and numb the pain

Things happen my friend. I'm here for you....

Lean, your story is so sad!

I think it must be harder for us vegans being true animal lovers & all.

Im sure he is in parakeet heaven with some hot female parakeets with endless perches of various heights & everything is made of seed