Raw food + Bodybuilding

Hi guys, I've just signed up to request some help after browsing these forums as a guest and not finding what I'm looking for.

I can't find (on the internet in general) any credible info on raw food diets and bodybuilding. I've found many 'before and after' photos and many website encouraging rawfood diets. But nothing really on bodybuilding and raw diets.

I found this:

http://www.welikeitraw.com/rawfood/2006/11/hello_wlir_hi_t.html

But it doesn't state his diet, workout plan or anything.

There are massive resources out there when it comes to traditional non-raw bodybuilding (bodybuilding.com), but hardly a thing on rawfood-bodybuilding.

I've been working out for almost a year now, and I'd like to switch to a raw-diet due to health benefits. Can anyone point me to some articles and resources regarding this?

Thanks for the link. but theres hardly anything on that website then him promoting his dated info product.

I haven't found anywhere that comprehensively explains a vegan or raw bodybuilding diet. It terms of the macronutrient ratios, amount of carbs needed, types of carbs (starchy, complex etc) and where to source them in raw foods.

Bit dissapointing for an area that supposedly provides so much benefit to people and is said to be the best possible diet for humans yet there is hardly any resources for one to find out more from.

Thanks for the link. but theres hardly anything on that website then him promoting his dated info product.

I haven't found anywhere that comprehensively explains a vegan or raw bodybuilding diet. It terms of the macronutrient ratios, amount of carbs needed, types of carbs (starchy, complex etc) and where to source them in raw foods.

Bit dissapointing for an area that supposedly provides so much benefit to people and is said to be the best possible diet for humans yet there is hardly any resources for one to find out more from.

Hi, please read two recent blog posts; I provide a comprehensive overview of not just the adequacy, but the superiority of a carb-based body recomposition plan. I call it MNP, and I explain the science in detail and provide many studies to chew on. As far as raw goes, probably Doug Graham's 80/10/10 is the best representation of raw MNP I've read about (I haven't read the book though, but I'd be surprised if he didn't make the same points I do in my blog). A low-fat, high carb diet is the clearly the best supported by the science: if one's goal is to maximize muscle gain while minimizing fat gain, there is no choice but to maximize the CHO:FAT ratio of the diet, as well as increase the kcal intake as high as necessary. Lots of supporting detail and references on my blog - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that it does makes sense: the healthiest diet for humans (low-fat, high carb, vegan) is also the best for maximizing muscle gain while minimizing fat gain.

Now raw foods have a small disadvantage because an isocaloric diet made of starches will provide slightly better recomposition (as I detail in my starches versus simpe sugars post). BUT, the major factor is the ratio of CHO:FAT in the diet & the total kcal of course, so eating an raw overfeeding diet like 80/10/10 will lead to gaining mostly muscle and little fat. Eating fat leads directly to fat storage and indirectly to a lower insulin response (because 1 gram of fat (9 kcal) could have been replaced with 2 grams (8.2 kcal) of insulin-stimulating carbs, and insulin is the hormone that pushes protein into storage). So an overfeeding diet of fruit smoothies is an excellent way of building muscle (especially when you eat more kcal than you expend). Read the studies I cite on my blog, the results may surprise you.

My next post will be about the practical details of MNP 100% Muscle. Starch-based is the most effective (see the starch overfeeding studies I cite). BUT, a raw MNP protocol, although it may lead to significantly more De Novo Lipogenesis versus an isocaloric starch diet with the same macronutrient ratios, a high-fruit MNP plan is much tastier and thus easier to overfeed on! I'll try to expand further when I write my post, thanks for the idea though! Starch overfeeding is much cheaper and easier on the teeth though, that's for sure

fruits are starchy foods? or simple sugars? I red so many thing about this whole thing but it's a bit dark for me, especially that I'm not reading it on my own language, can someone explain it in a simple way this whole, simple sugars, complex carbohydrates thing etc etc.?

fruits are starchy foods? or simple sugars? I red so many thing about this whole thing but it's a bit dark for me, especially that I'm not reading it on my own language, can someone explain it in a simple way this whole, simple sugars, complex carbohydrates thing etc etc.?

Fruits provide mostly simple, sweet-tasting sugars (as fruit ripens, its starches are converted to simple sugars - a very ripe banana is pretty much all sugars). These short sugar molecules are digested more quickly than starches like rice, wheat, potatoes, & legumes which contain very long chains of sugars (complex carbohydrates). Table sugar is actually sucrose. The general term "sugars" is used to describe differently structured carbohydrate molecules. I hope that helps a little