Soy the center of meals at most veg friendly restuarants

RAINRA

Why do restaurants focus mainly on soy based ingredients in their dishes... Why there not more variety and options that are not just soy. Soy is a fine food but I think that there should be more variety. What do you think? and why is there not a push to make more options.

Why do restaurants focus mainly on soy based ingredients in their dishes... Why there not more variety and options that are not just soy. Soy is a fine food but I think that there should be more variety. What do you think? and why is there not a push to make more options.

Soy and wheat gluten are the common things and I suspect it's because they want to appeal to those that aren't just vegetarian/vegan. They'll present something that looks like "meat". Makes it easier for them to "accept", I suspect.

I dunno. I actually prefer a nice fresh salad, good vegan chili and/or vegetable soup. Sometimes simple is better. I know a few places (one in Toronto specifically comes to mind -- http://www.camroseatery.com/ -- which is awesome and has very little soy in it, IIRC).