MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

Thanks Aluck! I def. lost some weight from not eating normally for the past week or so. Trying to build myself up by focusing on eating today but it is tough when you can't smell or taste anything to really have any interest in eating. Energy has been really low though so I am trying my best. This is the first day in a really long time that I haven't had a fever!!! So if things keep up this way I will go back to work tomorrow. Not sure if I will start working out again just yet but I think things are finally starting to move in the right direction.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree.. Get thy to the gym. Just be smart, yoga, maybe some Pilates, a light light run to clear your system... Maybe just break a sweat... Eat whether you want to or not... Lots of Vitamin C! And remember you have to believe in sickness to allow it. You know better.

Treat yourself well, please. Save your energy and rebuild your reserve, that was a long time to have a fever. Glad you've seemed to have turned the corner and are on the mend.

bears repeating.

you might want to think about adding some ginger to your food while you recover. it might wake up your taste buds, easy on the stomach, good for digestion.

Wow! Thanks everyone for the love. Feels good.

I went back to work today. Trying to eat normally today but the appetite isn't really there but I am doing my best to just eat anyway. I can't wait to taste or smell food again!

I will decide later if I am going to attempt the gym tonight. What kinda scares me is my legs feel weak. Hamstrings especially, calves, maybe even lower back. Not sure why I certainly have not been using them for awhile. I've never experienced this before so it is scary weird.

Haven't been back to the gym yeah.

But I think tomorrow is the day. I am still sick but doing much better than I have been. I just don't want to take anymore time off. I hate it. At this point If i am still sick on monday I will call the Dr. again. Was supposed to do a road race on sunday but I am not thinking that is a great idea just yet.

I disagree.. Get thy to the gym. Just be smart, yoga, maybe some Pilates, a light light run to clear your system... Maybe just break a sweat... Eat whether you want to or not... Lots of Vitamin C! And remember you have to believe in sickness to allow it. You know better.

Going by experiance I would hold off as much as possible. Fair enough just do very low intensity stuff but sometimes the mind is ready before the body and there's no need to set yourself back by being too enthusiastic

Still sick, going to call the dr. tomorrow to see if there is anything else we can do. Been sick way too long now. Decided to go back to the gym to make myself feel a little better but kept the workouts short and light. I needed it mentally as I had to pack up and sell a bunch of my kickboxing gear as I can't really use it right now because of the shoulder situation. Have no place to store it in my small apt. and could use the money more than the gear I can't really use. It was depressing but I think it was the right decision.

Shoulder Stability Circuit - 3 x 15

5lb DB - V raises, Rear Delt Raises, Scapular Pushups

Run5k - walked .25 miles then walked to finish out 30 minutes of cardio.

5 rounds for time

20 lunges

20 squats

20 box jumps

Time 13 minutes

Run 400 meters

Still sick, going to call the dr. tomorrow to see if there is anything else we can do. Been sick way too long now. Decided to go back to the gym to make myself feel a little better but kept the workouts short and light. I needed it mentally as I had to pack up and sell a bunch of my kickboxing gear as I can't really use it right now because of the shoulder situation. Have no place to store it in my small apt. and could use the money more than the gear I can't really use. It was depressing but I think it was the right decision.

Shoulder Stability Circuit - 3 x 15

5lb DB - V raises, Rear Delt Raises, Scapular Pushups

Run5k - walked .25 miles then walked to finish out 30 minutes of cardio.

5 rounds for time

20 lunges

20 squats

20 box jumpsTime 13 minutes

Run 400 meters

Oh I hate box jumps !!!

I keep missing and scraping my shins!!

try to but I'm doing them in circuit training so I'm usually leg dead by the time I get to them (thanks to the sadistic gym owner)

His latest is to follow up the box jump with a depth jump afterwards

I have actually stopped doing them for the last month. I've been finding that they wreak havoc with my wonky ankle.

That might be part of my problem too.... I don't get much power from that leg. (after blowing the ankle out .. I lost 6" from my vertical and never got it back)

I've been favouring low impact exercises to avoid the ankle pain.

MS - Just face it youre like superwoman... Normal people cant jump chest height in the center of circuit. Your completely insane. Not that I dont love you for it... But just face it... Im lucky when I can step without faceplanting.... And forget walking and well Id say chewing gum but I gave that up...

@JW - Sorry to hear about the ankle. Did you try tracing the alphabet with your foot several times a day. It is an excellent ankle mobility drill. I used it to recover from a fall where I rolled my ankle and it was in bad shape for a long time. Yeah you should stay away from anything that aggravates it.

@aluck - you always make me laugh. I was not the greatest box jumper when I start adding those into my mix and I felt a lot of it for me came out of the fear that I was going to miss and hurt myself so once I let go of that fear by realizing I never actually miss, I was able to jump much higher than I ever expected that I could and also many more times that I thought I could, even in circuits. Now I don't usually like it. In fact my legs were screaming at me all day today after yesterdays leg workout but it is good stuff.

Recovery Run - 3.25 miles then walked out to have thirty minutes of cardio

Ab Circuit - completed with my friend Martin who wouldn't let me get out of any of the reps even when I was failing! Martin truly is a warrior.

3 rounds of:

30 Decline Bench Situps (alternating between straight and obliques)

30 Knee Raises

30 Ab Crunches with 20lbs

30 Decline Bench Reverse Leg Lifts

Shoulder Stability Circuit - 3 x 15 w/5lb DBs

V raises, Rear Delt Raises and Scapular Pushups

One Arm Rows

25 x 10

30 x 10

35 x 10

Tricep extension - 30 X 10 x 3

Bicep Curls 12lb DBs X 15 x 3

Starting to add my food intake too. I normally eat more than this but with being sick my appetite hasn't been there recently.

meal 1 - Vega WFO - Mixed with Hemp Milk and Coconut Water

meal 2 - Larabar - Cashew Cookie (mmmmm!)

meal 3 - Tofu and Red cabbage

meal 4 - granola with rice milk

meal 5 - Pinto Beans, Brown Rice, tomatoes, red pepper, onions, garlic

meal 1 - Vega WFO - Mixed with Hemp Milk and Coconut Water

meal 2 - Larabar - Cashew Cookie (mmmmm!)

meal 3 - Tofu and Red cabbage

meal 4 - granola with rice milk

meal 5 - Pinto Beans, Brown Rice, tomatoes, red pepper, onions, garlic

Nice diet!

Those Lara bars are delicious...

@joelk - thanks after reading your diet I was inspired to keep better track of mine.

@aluck - yes you do! Recovery is JUST AS IMPORTANT as training. Recovery is when you actually build the muscle to bulk. If your just training and not recovering your not going to build up. I know it is hard though. for me sometime it is the hardest part.

Run 3.5 Miles - 30 minutes - legs still sore from 4.26 workout. hoping they are feeling better tomorrow

Shoulder Stability Circuit: 3 X 15 w/ 5 lb DBs

V Raises, Rear Delt Raises, Scapular Pushups

Face Pulls

30 X 15, 35 X 15, 40 X 15

Thigh Superset

Inner - 100 x 10, 100 X 9 failed on 10, 100 X 9 failed on 10

Outer - 130 X 10, 140 X 10, 150 X 10

Core Superset - 3x

30 Ball Situps

25 Supermans

3 minute plank hold

Parallel Grip Cable Rows - 80 x 10, 80 x 5, 80 x 5

Meal 1 - VEGA WFO w/ Hemp Milk and Coconut Water

Meal 2 - Tempeh & Yellow Zucchini

Meal 3 - Suncake

Meal 4 - Black Quinoa, Black Beans, Spinach, Onions, Garlic, Oil Olive

My sinuses were draining a ton. Hope I am almost over this sickness. I can't take being sick any longer it is horrible!

Tomorrow is the big day, I go to see the surgeon about my shoulder. It is nerve wracking and I can't wait til it is all over and I can just rehab the thing and get on with life.