MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

Defination of cooking - ROTFL this whole converation makes me giggle. Men who cook *sigh*. Wonderful. I rarely use cook books or anything, but my vegan guy buddy brought me Veganonicon - a great vegan cookbook... So some vegan guys use them. Myself, well Im more like the guys - I might glance at a recipe to make sure I done not cook something enougha nd accidently kill myself... lol but I wing it for sure.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't get a workout in today either. Had errands to do after work and a really bad sinus headache. Gotta get back at it tomorrow!

Meals

1- VEGA WFO w/ Hemp Milk/Coconut Water

2 Tempeh w/ tamari & Nutri Yeast, Red Cabbage w/Tamari, Mirin, Plum Vinegar, Sesame oil & Gomasio

3 - 2 larabars

4 - Sprouted Wheat Bagel w/Earth Balance

5 - Brown Rice, Black Eyed Peas, Swiss Chard, Onions, Shallots, Spices

Thanks so much everyone! I am hanging in as best I can until surgery time. Tomorrow I meet the ortho surgeon again. Probably get another surgery date.

Gomasio is a seasoning, basically toasted sesame seeds and some sea salt. You can sprinkle it over anything. It is easy to make your own but I do believe they sell it in stores also.

Saw the Orthaepedic Surgeon today and I need surgery on my shoulder. I have to wait a month between my sinus surgery and my shoulder surgery so I will have the procedure on June 16th. The worst part is that I will need to be in a sling for 6 weeks. That seems like a long time. I am going to be very adapt at using my left hand! Sinuses still hurt but got a little workout in.

3 rounds of:

15 Scapular Pushups

50 BW Squats

15 Lunges (each leg - stationary - 30 total)

50 Situps on Small Ab ball in lower back

meals

1 - VEGA WFO

2 - 2 larabars

3 - Tofu Scramble w/ Zucchini, Onions, Garlin, Carrot, Spices, Sprouted Wheat Bagel w/ Earth Balance

4 - Larabar

5 - Chickpea Cauliflower Casserole - Carrots, Onions

6 - Cashew Butter & Chocolate Coconut Butter

Thanks! The chickpea casserole is actually the chickpea broccoli casserole form vegan with a vegenance. I just subbed out the broccoli with cauliflower and kept everything else the same. If you've never tried that recipe I recommend it. It is easy to make. It is one of my husbands very favorites. I literally eat a piece of it and he eats the rest of it in one sitting everytime I make it. I am trying to decide what kind of soup to make this weekend that I can puree for when I can't really eat because of the sinus surgery. any thoughts? I think I will make some smoothies too and also vega shakes. I will have to breathe out my mouth for awhile so I need things I can just swallow to eat.

I haven't tried that chickpea casserole yet...I've had it tagged since I very first got the book but still haven't gotten around to it.

How about the split pea soup in VWAV? I've never had it but I hear it is good. I was thinking of trying it tonight. I also like to puree lentil soup with an immersion blender for a creamy texture.

@JW - I am going to try to be a good girl and listen to the doctors regarding recovery but I am going to do whatever I can to stay in shape while recovering. I am going to become very efficient with my left hand and have powerhouse legs!

@lobsteriffic. I am not that impressed with that split pea soup. I've made others that I've enjoyed more. Did you try it?

Started feeling better today just in time for surgery. Hope to be even better by then.

Workout

Shoulder Stability Circuit 3X15

V raises, Rear Dely Raises, Scapular Pushups w/6lb DBs

Face Pulls 3 X 15 w/ 40 lbs

Run 5K - 25:30

3 Minutes of Leg Lifts

Meals

1 - Vega WFO

2 - Larabar

3 - Tofu Scramble w/Sprouted Wheat Bagel

Chocolate Coconut Butter with Cashew Butter

4 - tempeh - red pepper hummus with ezekiel wrap

Actually I tried that soup tonight for dinner and I wasn't that impressed either. I don't know what all the fuss was about...I found it bland and had to spice it up a lot.

I finally googled what a face pull was. I wondered that every time I read your journal but never had the ambition to go look it up.

Funny I am going to make Split Pea Soup for my husbands birthday tonight because it is his favorite. I am not using that version though. I do Face Pulls because of my shoulder injury. If I didn't have that I wouldn't do them. Gotta go into the surgery strong to make up for the six weeks of athrophy.

Actually I am not. Today has been crazy. My husband was supposed to be playing tonight (he is a professional musician) but the show got cancelled last minute so I am literally throwing things together now from what I have on hand. Will stock up tomorrow at the store and make a proper meal over the weekend. We weren't expecting to have dinner together tonight but now we are and we will also go exercise together too. That rarely happens as our schedules are so different. I am making the split pea parsnip soup though and a roasted eggplant, red pepper, onion, garlic, tahini dip that is sooooo yummy!

Bad Sinus Headache again today. Really hoping this surgery makes me feel better.

Workout - 1 hour bike Ride with my husband. Local Streets some nice hills.

Meals

1 - VEGA WFO w/ Hemp Milk/Coconut Water

2 - 2 Larabars

3 - Ezekiel Pasta, Zucchini, Peas in Thai Green Curry Sauce

4 - Peanut BUtter filled Pretzels

5 - Roasted - Eggplant, Red Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Tahini, Lemon Juice, Spices With Ezekiel Wrap

I wouldn't describe it as "lovely" as my husband is a KamiKazi Bike rider. I got excellent cardio riding up the hills and then my heart got a good test watchin him fly down the hills. Surprisingly no one got hurt.

Crossfit WOD

"Diane"

21-15-9 reps of:

225 pound Deadlift modified to 135 pounds

Handstand push-ups - Changed to Scapular Pushups because of shoulder

Time 10 minutes

Prone Rear Delt Raises - 3 X 15 w/5 lb DBs

Prone V raises - 3 x 15 w/ 5 lb Dbs

Situps on Small Ab Ball in lower back - didn't count as Brennan and I were having various debates.

The Crossfit Gym is coming along nicely. Brennan scored some sweet Huge Tires for us to flip!

Edited by MaryStella

Meals today were not my best. Going to do some serious cooking tomorrow, making vegan gumbo. Also going to make some smoothies, shakes, pureed soup. things that I can eat on monday and tuesday post op.

Meals

1 - VEGA WFO w/Hemp Milk - Coconut Water

2 - Tempeh, Split Pea Soup, Sprouted Wheat Bagel

3 - Roasted Veggie Pizza, Rice Divine Carrot Cake "Ice Cream" mmmmmmm!

Thanks Joel. I used to bike a lot more but I didn't have much time for recently. But will being doing a lot more of it now.

Crossfit Workout of the Day

Four rounds for time of:

100 ft Walking lunge, carrying 30 pound dumbbells

24 inch Box Jump, 30 reps

30 pound Weighted pull-ups, 20 reps Subbed this out with Prone Rows instead

Time: 21:13

Shoulder Stability Circuit - 3 x 15 - V Raises , Rear delt Raises, Scapular Pushups w/ 6 lb DBS

Face Pulls = 3 x 15 @ 40 lbs

Doing a bunch of cooking today in preparation for the next couple of days. Also household stuff like laundry cleaning etc. I am going to do Situps on my AB Ball throughout the day.

Not sure if I will workout tomorrow morning before the surgery. I am not allowed any food or drink even water after midnight tonight so I am not sure if I want to do a workout I can't refuel after and then head into surgery but we'll see how I feel tomorrow. Might need it to workoff the nervous energy clear the mind etc. before surgery.

Thanks! I didn't get as much cooking done as I would have liked but I did my best. Not like I am going to be eating tomorrow anyway.

meals

1 - VEGA WFO w/ Coconut water and milk

2 - larabar

3 - 2 mexican pizzas - ezekiel wrap, black beans, onions, garlic, jalapeno pepper, spices, tomatoes, red cabbage, lime juice, cliantro

4 - vegan gumbo - kale, spinach, collard greens, brown rice, red peppers, onions, garlic, celery, spices, 2 mexican pizzas

might have a snack later before the fast begins. not going to workout in the AM.