MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to behave myself when I work out tonight but it beens so long I probably won't. I am not good at holding back so we'll see how it goes. I really looking forward to it. These steroids I am taking are working great to get the inflammation out of my nose. I can't actually breathe through it again for the first time since the surgery and it is soooo nice to have back. I am already feeling like the surgery was a great idea and totally worth it!

@JW - really hope u like it. let me know how it goes!

It didn't go as well as I would have liked. I wasn't able to complete it and it is the first time that has ever happened to me. I have been pretty upset about it but I will go back and try it out tomorrow and see how it goes then. not much else I can do. But it was upsetting. I do feel a little wound up from these steroids. But they are really helping my inflammation go down. This is the best I was able to breathe since before my nose got broken.

Shoulder Stability Superset - 5lb DBS - 3 x 15 - V Raises and Rear Delt Raises

Crossfit WOD - modified "Barbara"

Five rounds for time of:

20 Prone Dumbbell Rows with 25 lb DBs

30 Scapular Pushups

40 Situps on Small AB ball

50 BW Squats

I was only able to complete 3 rounds before getting really dizzy and having to walk it off and rest. Decided it was probably better to do some slow easy stuff instead of going for time so I did

Hanging Leg Lifts - 3 x 15

Back Extensions - 3 X 15 +

GHD Situps - 3 x 15 +

Wallballs - 10lb Medicine Ball x 20 reps (not supposed to be doing this with my shoulder but i wanted to test out some of the new equipment we just got)

I am really hoping that tomorrow goes better. I am not sure if I went back too soon after surgery or if I just lost a lot between being sick for so long and being off after the surgery.

Also went to visit some kickboxer friends. It felt weird seeing them practice and not being there myself.

Meals

Vega WFO w/ Hemp Milk and Coconut Water (was feeling really dehydrated this morning, craving water all day)

2 Larabars

Tofu, Brown Rice, Broccoli, Carrots, Onions, Mushrooms

Kashi vegtable pocket - zucchini, onions, tomatoes

Granola w/ Soy Yogurt

Vega SI - Banana, Blueberry, Pineapple, Mango

Sloppy Lentils - 2 Ezekiel Wraps (tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, spices)

It didn't go as well as I would have liked. I wasn't able to complete it and it is the first time that has ever happened to me. I have been pretty upset about it but I will go back and try it out tomorrow and see how it goes then. not much else I can do. But it was upsetting. I do feel a little wound up from these steroids. But they are really helping my inflammation go down. This is the best I was able to breathe since before my nose got broken.

You can't be so hard on yourself.

You'll get back there soon.

Also went to visit some kickboxer friends. It felt weird seeing them practice and not being there myself.

Hope it didn't fire you up too much, you're meant to be practising patience aren't you?

@joelk - your going to have to explain this patience thing to me again

@elitedad - u and i are alike we r always hard on ourselves!

@ jw - your right my breathing isn't 100 percent but i am not letting it stop me.

@lobsterrifc - thanks and you are right!

@lohungfong - thank you so much for the compliment and I would love to help you out however i can!

So I have to share this random little tidbit with all of my vbbf buddies - I at the nepacrossfit gym with brennan and a nice lady walks in wanting to learn more about the gym and she looks at me and goes your marystella, the vegan kickboxer, from vegan bodybuilding. I was like ok this is a little strange.So she goes on to explain how she was reseaching nepacrossfit and she come across my blog here and she was reading it. It was kinda kool. Sometimes I guess I forget about all of the "guests" that are on here besides the registered users. anyway, that was a fun little things for today.

SO I am soooooooo Much HAPPIER about my workout today. Just felt so much better doing it. Not sure why yesterday was so bad but today while not 100 percent yet because of the breathing and being off for a bit was soooo much more normal of a workout for me. I am excited to be back into it and looking forward to working out over the weekend.

Crossfit WOD - "Angie" For time in order complete:

100 Bar Rows @ 65 lbs

100 pushups (i did scapular)

100 situps (i did on small ab ball)

100 Squats (bw)

Time: 17 minutes

Felt like the time was decent. I know if would do better if I was in full swing right now but I will take it.

Shoudler Stability Superset of V- raises and Rear Delt Raises

Turkish Getup w/ 10lb Bar - we were just playing around with these so i kept it light as I would not like anything to come crashing into my newly repaired nose right now. However these were so much fun i think they will be making a regular appearance into my workout especially when post shoulder surgery when i only have one free arm. the balancing of the bar is the hardest part imo.

Chest Press - Flat Bench - not really supposed to be doing these with the shoulder so I kept it light

15lb DBS X 15

20 lb Dbs x 15

20 lb Dbs x 15

Hanging Leg Lifts 5 sets of 15 reps

Shoulder Press - Not supposed to be doing these at all with the shoulder but i just wanted to but I did keep it light.

10 Dbs 3 sets of 15 reps - I might really regret this tomorrow!

Tricep Extensions - 10 Dbs 3 sets of 15 reps

Kettlebell Swings (Hip Ext.)

25 x 15

30 x 15

35 x 15

Bicep Curls

15 Dbs x 15

15 Dbs x 10

15 Dbs x 10

V Raises with ab ball - 30

Meals

VEGA WFO with Hemp Milk/Coconut Water

Granola w/ Soy Yogurt

Tofu, Broccoli, Carrots, Rice, Teriyaki

Miso Soup

Small Salad

2 ezekiel wraps with leftover sloppy lentils and raw spinach

Awesome workout!

I'm puffed out just reading it...

The patience thing... I don't know if I'm the one to help.. I'm like you and don't know when to slow down

Anyway, glad you're getting it all back to your high standards!

Another fun workout today! Might try to get some sprints or a run in later today but not sure if I will have time.

Warmup: 3 rounds of : 5 scapular pushups, 5 squats, 5 situps, 5 push jerks (practice bar)

Crossfit WOD - "kelly" - 5 rounds for time of:

30 Dumbbell Swings (hip extensions) 35 lb Db first two rounds, 25 DB last 3 rounds

30 Wallballs @ 9 ft w/ 10 lb Ball (kept it light because of shoulder)

30 Box Jumps @ 24 inches

Time 32:32

Put up a good effort - feeling the time off, couldn't smoke through as fast as I would have liked but had a great time working it again.

Cooldown - 2 rounds of 3 scapular pushups, 3 slow squats, 3 situps, 3 upward dogs, 3 toe touches with 5 sec hold

Shoulder Stability Superset - V Raises, Rear Delt Raises 5 lb Dbs - 3 X 15

Yeah these workouts are fun! Didn't get my run in. I will run tomorrow for sure though.

Meals were:

VEGA WFO w/Hemp Milk, Coconut Water and blueberries. ( didn't like how thick it got with the berries so i probably wont do that again.

Larabar

Hummus w/1/2 ezekiel wrap, roasted green beans, Peanut butter

Larabar

Curried Cauliflower Soup

Ethiopian Chickpeas w/Brown Rice

sure tasha I will send it to you later today. It isn't raw though. Although I am sure you can convert it by sprouting the chickpeas and just not cooking the other veggies. I mostly can tell the different in my times. I not cycling though the workouts as fast but I am doing my best!

Rest Day - didn't intend to take one but my friend Jesse was in town and we spend the day together. went for a fun ride on his motorcycle.

Meals

VEGA WFO w/Hemp Milk Coconut Water

Larabar

Pumpkin Pancakes

Peruvian Hash Browns

Toasted Coconut Chocolate Muffins

Tempeh Bacon

Brown Rice Ethiopian Chickpeas

Cool! I like motorbikes. My brother has a nice one, I would like one when I stop competing - my dad keeps talking me out of it - he says one crash will ruin my career in bodybuilding. I guess he speaks from experience, he came off a few times but I guess riding sensible is not too risky.

Glad you had a nice rest day

Gotta find out mouthguard and wrap info.. Any advice? Ick.
You can buy a mouth piece at a sporting goods store. If you goggle hand wrap instructions you'll get hits to websites with hand wrap instructions. There are hand wrap instructional vids on youtube.

I use gel wraps that slide on my hand and are secured with velcro straps. I bought them from ringside.com