Most important cancer Video this year!

RAINRA

If this is another vid that says that you can cure cancer by going vegan and that chemotherapy & other stuff don't work, I won't even start looking.

I bet there is stuff about Gerson therapy which is a total scam: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Gerson (stuffing coffee up your arse doesn't cure cancer).

If you get cancer, get real treatment. You can go raw vegan at the same time and you might feel better in general but PLEASE don't think there is a better way to treat cancer than medicine that has been scientifically proven to be effective in clinical studies which follow the ceteris paribus principle.

Yes there are a few quacks in this video but honestly Tuc if you think chemotherapy is a cure I think you've been fooled. I know three people that were "cured" from chemo. In statistics they survived cancer but the truth is they died from it about 10 years later. Fact is that some people have cured themselves from cancer with a change of lifestyle, some people over exaggerate this and says everyone can do it and that's not true. But to say that there is nothing to it is also BS.

I'm not sure about this stuff at all. The best is of course to prevent yourself from getting cancer in the first place and you can do that by eating a healthy diet. Logically it isn't too far fetched that a diet that can help preventing cancer also can help curing it. Too bad the human body isn't logical at all.

I believe we oversimplify when we group all cancers under one umbrella. Some cancers, such as basal cell carcinomas and early stage cervical cancers are very curable by conventional methods with little long term risk (much more risk if you don't remove them). Brain tumors and spinal cord tumors can kill or paralyze a patient while waiting for an alternative "cure" instead of partial or total removal (surgical, chemo, or radiation). Ovarian and pancreatic cancers are usually not discovered until they are late stage so only the very lucky survive them regardless of treatment. Childhood leukemia treatment has allowed many to live much longer than in past years.

Some cancers will spontaneously go away. Therefore, ALL treatments will have a cure rate, regardless of how high or low. If we could identify those people who have spontaneous remission and remove them from studies then we might have a better idea of what treatments are truly curative.

Additionally, doctors do not force patients to have chemotherapy, radiation therapy and/or surgery. Many patients refuse certain treatments based on risk/benefit ratios. Popular cancer treatments may reflect patient wishes more than doctors' wishes. In the popular HMO plans, a doctor is not rewarded for encouraging expensive treatment (especially when the patient is referred to a different doctor/department for treatment and the original doc cannot charge for that treatment). It's common to demonize the medical establishment and doctors but we should stop acting as though patients are all uneducated dunces and follow doctors' suggestions blindly.