Milk and Dairy products after 24

(before I was vegan or vegetarian at that)

I have a question regarding what milk and dairy products effect in ones body and why eventually some of our bodies start to reject it.

Drinking milk is probably a habit for most people. I loved the taste of milk and I always enjoyed a glass of cold milk with some cookies. As I got older I stopped drinking milk because I felt I was too grown up for the taste.

I remember working late nights at the studio and all of the sudden a cold glass of milk with a pastry started becoming appealing to me. This was around 2005 when I was 24. I hadn't drank milk as often since I was in elementary school, but this time it was different. I started to get the runs! I felt like a bunch of small fire works were going off in my stomach minutes after finishing my glass of milk, at the time I figured the Milk was spoiled but this continued as I started to drink more milk based stuff, once I got whip cream on my frapuccino and I felt terrible cramps, eventually sour cream started doing this to me and anything that had a trace of milk in it like certain protein bars. Someone told me I am lactose intolerant but I dismissed this simply because I could eat cheese and butter! Only blue and Gorgonzola cheeses up set my stomach a bit.

Perhaps I am some what lactose intolerant but I'm not sure and surprised that It took this long of a time gap for my body to reject milk or products based from it.

Any of you have the similar symptoms or stories?

I would also say lactose intolerant. It's not just about the amount of lactose but also what you are eating the lactose with. I have a friend who really bloats up if he just drinks a glass of milk but if he drinks it while eating dinner he is fine. Most cheeses is virtually lactose free and according to nutritiondata butter is carb free which means lactose free since lactose is a sugar.

3/4 of the worlds population is lactose intolerant. Only people of Northern European descent have evolved much tolerance for dairy. Dozens of peer reviewed articles have been written in scientific journals in the past 2 decades documenting the negative effects of dairy consumption. Do yourself and the planet a big favor and never eat it.

Lactase is produced to break down some of the sugar in breastmilk, and that production most often declines around the time of weaning. Some theorize this is to prevent adult males from stealing breastmilk and leaving none for the child. With the coming about of modern society, that's not an acceptable action regardless, so there's no longer an advantage to stopping lactase production. Plus, with the consumption of cow's milk there's now a genetic advantage to continued production.

Apparently there are some genetic variations that will prolong lactase production. See http://anthro.palomar.edu/adapt/adapt_5.htm . That page specifically mentions some people seeing a lactase decline in their twenties.

Milk is for babies.