New member from Belgium

Michaël1611124383

Hi everyone,

I signed up a few days ago after visiting the site and forum already for a long time. I actually became active member of the forum to meet some other vegan people across the world

I live in Belgium, i'm 28 years and i've been a vegetarian for almost 4 years now. I train with free weights at home and i also take combat classes 2 times a week.

At last i want to compliment Robert and everyone who has made veganbodybuilding.com to what it was, is and will be.

that's about it for my introduction

Welcome to the forum!

We have a few members from Belgium here and it's always great with more. I'm visiting your country this month, I'm siked!

What exactly is combat classes?

cool to hear that you're visiting belgium. what places you plan to visit? if you want i can hook you up with some adresses where you can eat vegan and such..

combat classes are fighting lessons.

Welcome Muscles from Brussels. What kind of combat classes do you take?

muscles from brussels that's funny. Jean-Claude is from belgium yes .

in training we use and combine different techniques/ styles. it is some krav maga, systema, win tsun, kali, aikido, .... everything to neutralize an opponent as quick as possible. on the website (which is out of date) is stated: "We try to combine these styles so that they will give you a way to defend yourself in all types of situations. We do not train you for competition nor do we want to create fighting machines. We only focus on a modern way of defending yourself in this world"

hope this is a somewhat a description

Yes that would be awesome! Thank you.

I'm gonna be in Brussel and then go to Groezrock fest which is in Gestel. I think the food and everything is cool in Gestel because the fest is vegan friendly but I need some cool locations in Brussel. Also what's worth visiting, tourist stuff I mean?

And if you have any advice on how to find cheap hostels please tell me

Welcome to the forum!

We have a few members from Belgium here and it's always great with more. I'm visiting your country this month, I'm siked!

What exactly is combat classes?

cool to hear that you're visiting belgium. what places you plan to visit? if you want i can hook you up with some adresses where you can eat vegan and such..

combat classes are fighting lessons.

Welcome Muscles from Brussels. What kind of combat classes do you take?

muscles from brussels that's funny. Jean-Claude is from belgium yes .

in training we use and combine different techniques/ styles. it is some krav maga, systema, win tsun, kali, aikido, .... everything to neutralize an opponent as quick as possible. on the website (which is out of date) is stated: "We try to combine these styles so that they will give you a way to defend yourself in all types of situations. We do not train you for competition nor do we want to create fighting machines. We only focus on a modern way of defending yourself in this world"

Sounds like awesome stuff. I Kickbox for sport and do Jeet Kune Do for self defense/self perfection. Do you train weapons too?

Yes that would be awesome! Thank you.

I'm gonna be in Brussel and then go to Groezrock fest which is in Gestel. I think the food and everything is cool in Gestel because the fest is vegan friendly but I need some cool locations in Brussel. Also what's worth visiting, tourist stuff I mean?

And if you have any advice on how to find cheap hostels please tell me

on the these two URLs you find a list of vegan/vegetarian friendly restaurants. maybe happycow you knew already about. other than these places the centrum of brussels offers a lot of pitta bars where you can eat delicious falafel, also sandwich bars with lots of vegan possibilities.

http://www.vegetarisme.be/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=146&prov=BR

http://www.happycow.net/europe/belgium/brussels/

in brussels you should visit the Atomium http://www.atomium.be, Manneken Pis and the Grand Place. Also from the place at the Justice building from brussels you have a great view over the city.

http://www.jeugdherbergen.be/brussel.htm this is a youth hostel i found. at 300meters from Central station which is in the heart of the city.

hope you can do something with the info

at groezrock check out Poison the well (US), Amen Ra (BE) and Backfire (NL), at least i would

Sounds like awesome stuff. I Kickbox for sport and do Jeet Kune Do for self defense/self perfection. Do you train weapons too?

yes we train weapons too. knife/hand, knife/knife, stick/hand,stick/knife,...

Hi tuc,

Belgium is a small country, but worth a visit there are actually more cool places to visit other than Brussels.

when i should visit Finland i ask you for some information, ok?

I'm sure it's worth visiting. I've been to most central European countries but not Belgium yet. All the people from Belgium I've met have been really nice! If Belgium is even half as nice as the Netherlands, it'll be a blast! And I bet it might be even nicer.

If you ever visit Finland, contact me and I'll tell you how to have great vegan food, party in great places and see all what's worth seeing here.

Hey Michael, I forgot to thank you for the info! The hostels you linked me to was full but through those sites I found a place I could stay, so thank you very much!

I've heard that Belgium offers chocolate boobs, IS THIS TRUE? And can I get vegan ones?

We clearly have different music taste, I prefer the get up kids, true colors and bane. But thanks anyways

• 4 weeks later...