New member from Scotland

chewybaws

Hey my names Gary, been vegan for 10 months now (veggie for 2years 4months). I weigh a mere 140lbs for being just over 6ft tall. Been reading loads of FAQs on this site recently which have inspired me to start getting into shape so I can start bodybuilding (hopefully!).

Last week or 2 I've started doing exercises every couple of days to start preparing myself. Unfortunately exercises (in general) are new to me so I've been spending a lot of time on youtube finding out what all the different ones look like and how to do them properly! Because of this I've been sticking to basic ones (I didn't even know what some of these were!); squats/calf raises/superman lifts/crunches/push-ups/pull ups (not full pull-ups yet, got the bar low+keeping my heels on the ground). From watching videos I was surprised at how wrong i was doing all of these, but I'm starting to get the technique right now. So anyway, been doing 10 reps of each for 3 circuits (think that's the right word lol).

Also been trying to eat every couple of hours, which is hard work but I'm getting there. Really enthusiastic now, looking forward to every session! (This is not my main or only reason for starting, but) after hearing countless comments of how vegans are weak or deficient of (place anything here), I want to join the many who exist already as visual proof that this isn't so

Welcome, Gary!

Hey, you are about the same size as I was 1½ years ago! Just go nuts (and seeds) and start eating like a horse and you'll be twice as big in no time.

Also remember to increase either reps, sets or weights all the time so that you'll keep getting better results and bigger muscles.

BTW, there are really big vegans from Scotland. Check El Flaco (or Spug_Myer @ VF).