Lobsteriffic's Training Log - Oct. 31st Marathon Here I Come

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. My back is a LITTLE bit better today. It's a huge knot in the muscles, you can feel it when you press in the right place, it's really weird. I DID make it to the gym this morning and tried to get in my workout as best as I could...(without aggravating the back of course)

Friday, May 29th:

Weights: Vertical Push/Pull

Negative Chins:

BW x 5

BW x 5

BW x 5

BW x 5

BW x 5

Lat Pulldown:

60 lbs x 8

60 lbs x 8

60 lbs x 8

Military Press:

40 lbs x 5

40 lbs x 5

40 lbs x 5

40 lbs x 4

40 lbs x 4

Lateral Raise:

8 lbs x 8

8 lbs x 8

8 lbs x 8

Cardio: I was planning on doing some time on the bike, but by the time I finished with weights my back was starting to complain so I just packed it in and went home. Which kind of sucked, I think I was there for a total of 40 min...but oh well. I really don't want to make the problem any worse.

Diet:

Pre-workout: apple

Post-workout: 2 pc. sprouted raisin bread, protein powder, soy milk, apple

Snack: refried beans

Snack: peanut butter & sprouted raisin bread

Lunch: tofu, asparagus, string beans, frozen banana & cocoa, peanut butter

Snack: luna bar

Supper: 2 veggie burgers (no bun), misc. raw veggies

Cals 1526

Fat (g) 34.0

Carbs (g) 233.3

Prot (g) 94.2

It's getting better slowly but surely. I was still too sore to go running today. I think by Monday I should be as good as new.

Saturday, May 30th:

Weights: None

Cardio: Tried to go for a run this morning but there was no way that was going to happen. This is really frustrating but I know it's for the best. It's gorgeous out so I'm going to at least head out and go for a walk this evening, perhaps a bike ride.

Diet:

Breakfast: oatmeal with protein powder, pb, agave, cinnamon, flax, and soy milk

Lunch: luna bar (was out and about and that's all I had with me)

Snack: nectarine, orange

Supper: burrito, roasted green beans, asparagus

Snack: pineapple

Snack: protein powder

Cals 1582

Fat (g) 31.4

Carbs (g) 246.1

Prot (g) 101.0

Sunday, May 31st:

My workout this morning was pretty unorganized...I moved things around according to what my back could handle and actually ventured into the part of the weight area with the machines. Typically I stay over with the barbells and dumbbells.

Weights: Hamstring Dominant/Quad Accessory & Triceps

RDL's:

45 x 8

95 x 5

95 x 5

100 x 5

100 x 5

My back started to protest at this point so I backed off and skipped my Good Mornings.

Static DB Lunges:

25 x 12

25 x 12

25 x 12

Here is where I wandered over into the machine section to see what else I could do for my legs without bothering my back.

Standing Calf Raises:

90 x 8

120 x 8

135 x 8

Seated Leg Curl:

40 x 8

60 x 8

60 x 8

Then back to my normal routine for triceps...

Assisted Dips:

30 x 5

30 x 5

30 x 5

30 x 5

30 x 5

Yay - I'm actually getting better at dips!

Cable Pressdown:

50 lbs x 8

50 lbs x 8

50 lbs x 8

Cardio: I tried to do HIIT on the bike...I did 2 intervals and my back said no more of that. So I just did steady state cardio on the bike until 20 min. were up.

Diet:

Pre-workout: banana, 1 pc. sprouted raisin bread

Post-workout: protein powder and soy milk, 2 pc. sprouted raisin bread

Snack: orange

Lunch: refried beans with bell pepper, corn and salsa, misc. raw veggies

Snack: 2 nectarines

Supper: jerk seitan, roasted asparagus, strawberries for dessert

Snack: protein "ice cream" (frozen banana + protein powder + vanilla)

Cals 1614

Fat (g) 11.8

Carbs (g) 300.7

Prot (g) 109.4

Edited by lobsteriffic

Monday, June 1st:

My back is much better today. Still a little tender in spots, but MUCH better.

Weights: Horizontal Push/Pull & Abs

Rack Pulls:

45 x 8

95 x 5

105 x 5

110 x 5

110 x 5

115 x 5

Barbell Row:

50 x 8

50 x 8

50 x 8

Bench Press:

45 x 8

65 x 5

65 x 5

65 x 5

65 x 5

65 x 4

DB Flys:

17.5 x 8

17.5 x 8

17.5 x 8

Weighted Swiss Ball Crunches:

25 x 12

25 x 12

25 x 12

Cardio: 20 min. on treadmill. I think I am going to try yoga tonight. I haven't been going because of the back but I think it is healed up enough for most poses.

Diet:

Pre-workout: 2 bananas

Post-workout: oatmeal with protein powder, soy milk, and flax, banana

Snack: nectarine

Lunch: leftover jerk seitan, salad with dressing, orange

Snack: apple

Supper: more leftover jerk seitan, roasted asparagus

Snack: pb & protein powder

Cals 1568

Fat (g) 26.4

Carbs (g) 237.5

Prot (g) 114.1

Indeed I am using fitday.

I've really been trying to up my protein the last week or so. Before that I was getting around 70-90 g a day. Now I just need to work on getting my fats up...but it's hard to do with so much delicious fruit around...I much rather "spend" my calories on fruit.

unfortunately the fats aren't a problem for me

What can I say... I like my peanutbutter

did you find that you needed the protein powder to get your protein up?

that certainly has been the case for me. I just can't seem to get enough otherwise.

I love peanutbutter but I have to eat it sparingly while trying to lean out. Trust me, otherwise I have no problem sitting down and eating a jar.

I use protein powder at least once, sometimes twice a day. Lately I have been getting the protein up with seitan as well. I don't seem to have any troubles digesting gluten. I know gluten isn't supposed to be the healthiest thing in the world though. Right now I'm kind of wavering back and forth on that...seeing what works best for me. Other than that I try to get in tofu and tempeh and legumes. But you're right, without protein powder I most certainly wouldn't be getting that much protein.

Me too! What did you make? I'm dying to try the omlettes.

I find keeping track of cals/macros online keeps me from adding in little snacks. I'll go to grab a handful of something thinking 'oh it's just a little bit, it won't hurt' but then I say no, I have to add it to fitday and all of those little snacks do add up. Probably a bit obsessive but it's what works for me.

Hey whatever works! I had a friend over that is allergic to both soy and nuts so i had to choose carefully so I made toasted coconut chocolate chip muffins which he gave an excellent plus rating! They are yummy. We also had the pumpkin pancakes as he is a pancake addict. I think we make pancakes every time he is over. I thought they were nice. He said they were very good. Also the peruvian hash browns which we both thought were very good. I am seriously thinking about getting myself a waffle iron so I can make the waffles! I am excited about how many things are in this book and i look foward to trying more of them out soon!

Me too! What did you make? I'm dying to try the omlettes.

I find keeping track of cals/macros online keeps me from adding in little snacks. I'll go to grab a handful of something thinking 'oh it's just a little bit, it won't hurt' but then I say no, I have to add it to fitday and all of those little snacks do add up. Probably a bit obsessive but it's what works for me.

Thank goodness I've never used fitday, I've put other people onto it to help monitor their diets but i think I'd be too obsessive with it myself.

I guess for you it is a good thing if you're trying to reduce snacking, you put it quite well like that!

I just can't do it for longer than 2 weeks. It makes me crazy!!!

It's a great thing to do every now and then. Definitely an eyeopener when you see what you are eating versus what you think you are eating.

Tuesday, June 2nd:

Weights: None

Cardio: Went for a 5k run this morning. Stopped for my usual 3 min. about halfway through. I ended up getting a stitch in my side but I was able to run through it and get rid of it by concentrating on my breathing. If I'm not mindful I have a tendency to take very shallow breaths and then I will usually end up with a stitch.

Diet:

Pre-workout: banana

Post-workout: oatmeal with protein powder, flax, and soy milk

Snack: apple

Lunch: salad with seitan and dressing, orange

Supper: zucchini "pasta" with sauce, roasted eggplant

Snack: pb + protein powder + frozen banana

Cals 1573

Fat (g) 30.7

Carbs (g) 222.0

Prot (g) 118.5

Weight this morning was 147.5. The scale isn't moving much but visually I can see a difference. Of course I am now encountering the typical female problem of having excess fat on the lower body yet a skeletal upper body. Hopefully I can balance that out by getting some muscle on me, which is my main goal for the winter.

Um....I'm going to be obsessing over FitDay again. Maybe I don't do just fine tracking here.

Is the shallow breathing the cause of getting side stitches? I hardly ever run because I hate getting them. If so, I will have to work on my breathing and try jogging again.