Lobsteriffic's Training Log - Oct. 31st Marathon Here I Come

That's the hope at least!

Thursday, November 19th:

AM:

45 min. stationary bike

10 min. treadmill at 10.5 km/h (brick)

PM:

40 min. swim class...we mostly did side stroke, some front crawl, back crawl, breast stroke, treading water and flutter kick.

Afterward stayed and did 100m front crawl...had a rest after 50m. Then the lane was getting really full so I just left...I'm not comfortable swimming in a crowded lane. I need to get over that.

Pre-WO: protein + water

Post-WO: shake with protein, flax, spinach, frozen fruit

Snack: pineapple

Lunch: tofu

Supper: seitan, eggplant, kale; apple

Snack: banana (post-swim)

Cals 1399

Fat (g) 25.7

Carbs (g) 185.4

Prot (g) 131.1

Not that hungry today...probably because I overate yesterday. Evens out I suppose.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday, November 20th:

Did NOT want to get out of bed this morning...felt weak and sluggish at gym this morning.

Negative Chins: 5 sets of 5 (felt really weak on these)

RDL's:

105 x 8

105 x 8

105 x 8

DB Bench:

22.5 x 12

22.5 x 12

22.5 x 12

Stability Ball Crunches:

25 x 15

25 x 15

25 x 15

17 min. on treadmill at 10.5 km/h

I'm in final crunch time for my comprehensive examinations for my Ph.D. I didn't get work outs in Sat or Sun....haven't been sleeping the greatest...stress levels through the roof. This week is going to be hell. After Dec. 3rd things will be back to normal. I will try to squeeze in a workout when I can.

Still working really hard on my comprehensive examinations....one more week and they're over. I haven't had much time for workouts, or anything really. I'm pretty much glued to my laptop these days. Once I'm done though I'll no longer be just a Ph.D. student...I'll officially be a Ph.D. candidate, sounds better, no?

Silver lining - I've lost 5 lbs...from the stress I suppose. Haven't really been eating all that much.

Still working really hard on my comprehensive examinations....one more week and they're over. I haven't had much time for workouts, or anything really. I'm pretty much glued to my laptop these days. Once I'm done though I'll no longer be just a Ph.D. student...I'll officially be a Ph.D. candidate, sounds better, no?

Silver lining - I've lost 5 lbs...from the stress I suppose. Haven't really been eating all that much.

It all sounds great! Yes!

you'll be abd, right?

lobster, it's great that you're losing weight if that's your goal but it's not so great that you're losing weight from stress, my friend. please be extra good to yourself, comps can be so brutal. but you are fabulously smart and you got this new hubby that could go the extra mile to help with your stress... don't feel bad about getting extra support during comp times. anything i can do, let me know.

Thanks for the tip! I haven't done sun salutations in sooo long...that actually sounds nice right about now.

I woke up at 2:30 AM today! Just couldn't get back to sleep. I'm hoping eventually I just get so tired that I can't help but sleep. I usually don't have insomnia this badly.

Gym tomorrow - weights and running. About time.

Monday, November 30th:

Made it to the gym today:

Squats: 5 sets of 5 at 95 lbs

Incline DB Press: 3 sets of 8 at 20 lbs

One Arm DB Row: 3 sets of 10 at 25 lbs

Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets of 10

Had 0 energy for running. I will do a 60 min. yoga DVD later today. I'm hoping I can squeeze in some swimming tomorrow.

I did get some sleep....but it was only because the husband had some sedatives left over from when he had his wisdom teeth out. I popped 2 of those because I was so desperate for sleep. Woke up in the middle of the night and I was so stoned! All I could hear was my cat breathing really, really loudly (it wasn't that loud, but it seemed deafening to me) and couldn't really move. Then I fell back asleep. Like I said, not the best route to go, but I was starting to look really, really ragged.

I also managed to get to the gym for an hour this morning:

Wednesday, December 2nd:

Close-Grip Bench Press:

65 x 5

65 x 5

65 x 5

70 x 4

70 x 5

Lat Pulldown:

60 x 8

60 x 8

60 x 8

Leg Press:

90 x 10

90 x 10

90 x 10

30 min. stationary bike

So after about 7 hours sleep and the longest workout I've had in awhile I feel ready to tackle my last day of writing these stupid comps. Eep.

Alright so the beast was handed in yesterday. I still have to pass an oral defense (probably in Jan) but the hardest part is over!

I haven't been feeling good since then...too little sleep and too much stress. I've been having a lot of stomach issues and like 0 appetite.

Friday, December 4th:

Negative Chins: 5 sets of 5

RDL's: 3 sets of 8 @ 95 lbs

DB Bench: 3 sets of 12 @ 22.5 lbs

Treadmill: had planned to go 4k, but after 2k I felt AWFUL. I felt like I was going to throw up and my lungs were burning (reminded me of what running felt when I was still a smoker)...so I stopped at 2k

Did 20 min. on stationary bike

3 sets of 15 crunches

stretching

The gym is nice and quiet now because it's exam period.

I hope I'm not getting a chest cold or something, those suck.

wow!!! well done on getting it handed in while still keeping active *huge respect* I noticed a few posts back you said that you felt swimming was your weakest discipline? Just wondered if you have explored the total immersion type swim styles and form drills? I absolutely love them and its made a big difference to both speed and endurance for me?

http://www.totalimmersion.net/

Hey thanks! That website is AWESOME! Swimming is by far my weakest sport. I have like 0 endurance and my form is pretty crappy. But that site looks like it will help loads.

Honestly I haven't been doing much the past few days....it's like -40 with the wind chill and I've hardly left my house. I've been doing the odd bout of stretching and what-not but I need to suck it up and actually get out and to the gym.