Lobsteriffic's Training Log - Oct. 31st Marathon Here I Come

Thanks you guys! I definitely need to step up my swimming game.

Tuesday, July 13th:

AM: 3 mile run (25:10)

My fastest time ever - go me!

PM: ridiculously slow bike ride. I was supposed to go out with a friend on her hybrid, but she needs to patch her tire so she brought her mountain bike. I was going slow so we could ride together. We went 11.7 miles in 1:07:11.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo hoo for pre-race bananas! I often have three or so before a 5k race even though they're usually at like 8 or 9 in the morning. They're just the right sort of food before a race, whereas cereal or something like that could be too much.

Haha, I know, you guys are obsessed with my bananas! I get so hungry in the mornings, especially when I am up like 5 hours before I race.

Monday, July 12th:

45 min. swim (1500 yds)

Tired from the race yesterday so I took it slow. Had a couple of breaks when I felt like my form was breaking down.

I agree - bananas are the perfect pre-race food!

Thursday, July 15th:

Hill repeats!

Run to hill (a bit over 1 mile....forgot to turn on Garmin)

Hill #1: 2:13

Hill #2: 2:12

Hill #3: 2:05

Hill #4: 2:08

Hill #5: 2:01

Run home

(ended up being about 4 miles in total, a bit over 40 minutes)

Not sure what was going on with my run this morning...I really, really didn't want to go, had to drag myself out of bed, and I ended up smoking my times from my previous hill session, by as much as 14 seconds on the last hill! *shrug*

I wanted to go for bike ride tonight but a thunder storm popped up. Guess I'll stay home and pack.

Friday, July 16th:

AM:

30 min. OWS at Pike Lake. I have no idea how far I went. I wish I would stop freaking out about weeds. Not sure why they scare me so. I'll be swimming along and all of a sudden it will feel like something is trying to get my feet and I panic and stop dead in my tracks. It's a mental block. Oh well, maybe once I move next week the lake there won't be such a gross weed-infested mess.

PM:

9.99 mile ride on beater bike (58:41). Went for a ride with a friend. Probably the last time I will ever ride my beater bike (selling it before the move). Come to think of it, might be the last time I see that friend. The bad part of moving. Pace wasn't all that fast, we were mostly chatting the entire time. Had to cut it short as a storm was rolling in.

I know.

Saturday, July 17th:

15 mile run! (2:46:59)

Took Powerade, water, and some dried pineapple. It was my first time eating on a run but I think my nutrition was pretty close to perfect. I didn't bonk at all, had consistent energy until the end. Took just the right amount with me, ate/drank everything by mile 14.

Had a negative split:

first half: 1:25:40

second half: 1:21:19

I'm sure not going to win any prizes for speed, but I'm happy that I'm starting to work up to some respectable distances.

I had to stop and pee in a bush around mile 7. That was kind of embarrassing, I was running on a pretty busy running path and I'm sure people knew what I was up to when I veered for the bushes. Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do I suppose.

I'm sure you know this, but it's SUPER great to start out into the wind, so you tucker yourself out on the way out, and then just cruise on the way home.

otherwise, as you now know, it makes the return trip absolutely horrible. way to stick it out! (although you don't have a choice, really.)

I'm sure you know this, but it's SUPER great to start out into the wind, so you tucker yourself out on the way out, and then just cruise on the way home.

otherwise, as you now know, it makes the return trip absolutely horrible. way to stick it out! (although you don't have a choice, really.)

Normally what I try to do. Yesterday I thought there would be crosswinds both ways so I thought it would be no big deal. Plus that's like the best highway ever in this area for cycling...nice wide shoulder, new pavement, not too busy with cars. Oh well - it was good exercise in perseverance! Although like you said, didn't really have a choice if I wanted to get home.

i hear about the weeds! I think there should be lake weed cutters so we don't have to deal with them! Also I think your doing super respectable distances. The speed will come next!

Thanks! I sure hope the speed will come eventually...I get frustrated that I'm so pokey. Oh well, I'm faster than when I started and I'm faster than all of the people sitting on the couch.

Monday, July 19th:

4 mile run (41:25)

Tuesday, July 20th:

8 mile run (1:22:15)

Wanted to work in a swim but not sure that is going to happen...moving to Ottawa tomorrow! Lots of running around to do. Yikes! Trying to get all of my proverbial ducks in a row in case I don't get a chance to come back here before the move to Cali.

Wanted to work in a swim but not sure that is going to happen...moving to Ottawa tomorrow! Lots of running around to do. Yikes! Trying to get all of my proverbial ducks in a row in case I don't get a chance to come back here before the move to Cali.

Ugh, I don't like moving. Although got to be a pro since I was a Navy brat. How far is Ottawa from you? Good luck on the move!