Word on the street in Anaheim hills....

Hey gang!...So word on the street is that according to my nutrition center in Anaheim hills, im crazy for trying to lift and practice a vegan

diet. This meaty gentlemen suggested the only vegetarian gainer that he had was soy protein but to not waste my time with that stuff and that simply I will not

see any results on my vegan diet. I wasn't expecting to find much there but It was interesting listening to him.

I surf a lot so naturally I have an ok upper body but I would like to add some size overall. I've been vegan for a while but just started lifting since February 12th

and I've been eating like a mad man 6 times a day. Fruit,veggies,w-grain rice,lentils.variety of nuts and beans,tofu,complex carbs and a grip of Quinoa(my secret weapon)

and honestly I'm happy with the gain I've seen towards the beginning but I would like to see what my options are as far as supplements and protein shakes to continue

to see progress. I heard Pea/Hemp may work well??

I've been having soy-protein shakes after my workouts but I know Its time to switch it up and would love any recommendations for p.shakes or any vegan supplements

I should consider. I want my biceps to be bigger than the spare tire on my dads truck!!

http://www.veganstrength.org/articles/vegan-strength-supplements/

We've made a list of some vegan supplements, I'm sure you will be able to find some to use.

The list will be updated, a lot of companies haven't been so forthcoming with info but I know there are many more out there.

I think for post training just use a protein shake like SunWarrior and throw in some BCAA's and creatine. Spirulina works well for me too. Consistency with diet is where the results will come from, the shake will just help keep you going till you get real food in.

As far as vegan's not being able to build muscle, just spend some time here and you will see it is very easy to get big and strong without exploiting animals.