Hello I'm new :)

Meru

Hi everyone,

I have been following a mostly vegan diet for the past three months now and I'm planning on starting a new fitness routine to build up my muscles.

I'm studying Fitness Certificate III and thought it would be a great experience to go through for my studies as well as life in general. I get so annoyed at people who say you can't be healthy or build muscle on a plant diet!! I want to prove them wrong.

And I want awesome buns.

As a female I have gotten a few meat eating males telling me it's fine I'm vegan, but that males NEED meat.

So annoying.

Apart from my studies I sew clothing for people intermitently, do martial arts and dancing, look after my various pets, and do general house duties. I find being a housewife-type is very fulfilling and satisfying.

I used to work as a vet nurse but found it too stressful and stopped after I had a serious of anxiety attacks.

Nice to meet you all,

Meru

I actually have not heard the 'men need meat' argument; that would really rile me up. So ridiculous. Well keep at it and don't listen to people when they make no sense whatsoever.

I'm learning how to crochet right now; my gf is teaching me Always wanted to make a blanket like my grandma used to for everyone. It's fun!!!

Enjoy the forum and welcome!

Welcome, Meru!

"I'll show you guys!" feeling is the best motivation ever! Keep it up!

You sound really active. How on earth do you have time to do all that?

BTW, take pics of your awesome buns! Not only it's really fun trying to take pic of your own a$$ but that way you can keep good track of your progress.

Then post the butt pics here!

Also, tell the guys who think that men need meat to check this forum!

Haha Ive gotten the males need meat arguement too.. I usually stick with a rude and mildly innappropriate report back. Thats just me though. Ignore it, and point out great guys like L and G, RC, and Octo.

Welcome!! I hope you have no problem telling those "men need meat" boneheads to pipe down. Tell them your certificate is proof that you know what you're talking about!

I'm learning how to crochet right now; my gf is teaching me Always wanted to make a blanket like my grandma used to for everyone. It's fun!!!

I love crocheting and knitting! It's so much fun. It's practically how I spend all my free time--when I'm not running or lifting, that is. Yay for men who crochet!!

Welcome! I'm a vet nurse too. The most stressful thing about it to me is not finding a job though ><

Actually, my last job caused me to become an extreme insomniac. I would lie awake thinking about work ALL the time! So I totally understand why you would find something else. I just miss working with animals so much.. I can't imagine doing anything else.

What kind of pets do you have?

Hey,

I have dogs, a cat, rats and fish.

Since I don't work with animals I tend to rescue any that I find need a home.

Animals are a very important part of my life.

I so happy to come home and they all greet me in their individual ways! It's so obvious they are happy to see me

• 4 weeks later...