Anyone going to Vegetarian Summerfest?

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed it last year and I think I will again this year. I was a little disappointed when I saw the offerings this year as some of it seems similar but hopefully that will encourage me to check out new things. Everyone was very nice there. the funny thing is that is actually how I found out about this website. Robert wasn't there but someone left vegan body building flyers out on a table and I picked one up and eventually checked out the website. I am a little stressed that i have to pack tomorrow. I don't like to pack. I am going for the full conference so I will be gone from wednesday thru sunday. I plan on rocking my VBBF clothing while I am there!

yep john pierre was there last year. I remember attending at least one of his talks. I plan on going to his strength/conditioning circuits and boot camp classes this year. although i didn't actually talk to him about vbbf i think i picked the flyer up off a table when no one was there. I am pretty excited to go, I am just not at all excited to have to pack.

yep john pierre was there last year. I remember attending at least one of his talks. I plan on going to his strength/conditioning circuits and boot camp classes this year. although i didn't actually talk to him about vbbf i think i picked the flyer up off a table when no one was there. I am pretty excited to go, I am just not at all excited to have to pack.

Jon Pierre is one of the coolest people I ever met. I would love to live in Illinois if for no other reason than to to use him as my personal trainer. Maybe I will go back to Summerfest next year, after 2-3 years off I just *starting* to miss it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Vegetarian Summerfest was awesome this year. I really look forward to going back next year. It's always a good time. One of the highlights for me was hearing robert mentioned at least 4 times in the sessions I attended. It could have been more as I obviously can only go to a fraction of what is happening. I was so happy to hear robert getting recognition for his efforts. One of the things I really like about summerfest is that they have sessions on everything vegan from animal rights, to health, to environment. They do food demos, have exercise classes, lectures. They do panel discussion and meetups. I even went to a session on twitter/facebook. They always do a great job with the food. I've met some really nice people there. I took boot camp and conditioning circuits with john pierre everyday and they were so much fun. I could post forever about the sessions I attended and my favorite speakers but basically I just want to encourage other to attend next year.

Yeah, I'm totally down......

We had a bunch of us in L.A. this week and it has been fun......actually mostly my facebook vegan friends, but it was still like a vegan vacation ....there were about 1000 of us at the 4-day conference and some of us worked out together, etc. and then I went to another party tonight with about 100 people and it rocked!

Hope to see a nice gathering at the SummerFest next year!