Static stretching. Do you stretch B4 your workout? Read this

Any of you do static stretching before your workout?

Chack out this article http://miketnelson.blogspot.com/2009/02/static-stretching-good-or-bad.html

I-ve never ever seen a serious bodybuilder stretch before they start their routine and I always used to stretch a lot..but then I read some stuff about how it decreases your strength and stopped stretching..i just do 15 or so reps of a general exercise to hit the muscle i-m going to work..according to this article this is a much better idea for BB.

I do stretch because I find I-m losing flexibility as i get older, but I stretch occasionally at night or the weekend when I have a lot more time and when I-m watching TV or something..if not it gets too boring!

To be honest, I never stretch. I only do movement-specific warmups before most exercises, i.e. a couple sets of about 5 light reps (usually with an empty olympic bar) and then progressively ramp up the weight until I get to my "working" weight.

So a sample Bench session would look something like this:

2x5 empty bar

1x5 40kg

1x5 60kg

1x5 70kg

1x5 80kg

1x8 60kg

Hey! Hows the cutting going?

Do a google search for " daredevils are shredded"

Has excellent advice for fat burning cardio

Yo! I had just started, so it's difficult to say. So far, so good, I guess

Thanks for the advice on cardio - that'll definitely come in handy, as I usually find it excruciatingly BORING.

No, I don't static stretch before cardio or weights, but I do make sure I get in some dynamic movement to especially my legs and hips before running etc. I've always been really flexible anyways, and I don't send blood and heat where it needs to go before I really work something hard, my body is not happy at all.

I haven't been swimming for a while, but I used to really rely on stretching before swimming, I think it's a little different case because of putting the body in cold water.