Protein Question

I got some soy protein powder. I know I asked about essential aminio acids before. I still do eat brown rice, peanut butter, nuts, tofu, etc. I just hope I am getting enough protein without causing major health problems.

Also someone told me that "studies" show that vegans have weaker bone density than meat eaters.

Questions usually end with a question mark.

And before you ask a question I just want to remind you that there is an awesome search function which is totally free to use. Also check the stickys that beforewisdom created, I bet there's one both about protein and calcium/bone health.

Questions usually end with a question mark.

And before you ask a question I just want to remind you that there is an awesome search function which is totally free to use. Also check the stickys that beforewisdom created, I bet there's one both about protein and calcium/bone health.

Ok I'll do that. Also although it's apreciated other people's approval on my grammer, or anything in general about me, is not needed.

That being said I will not say anything further.

If you make a headline that reads "Protein question", the post should probably contain a question, preferably about protein. In all seriousness, I have no freaking idea what you wanted out of your post. You just write that you bought some protein powder, what you usually eat and say something about amino acids and health. What is it that you want an answer to?

Actually vegans tend to have lower bone density because of a lack of calcium and vitamin D supplementation. However, assuming you fortify with enough vits, you will have better than average bone density because high protein diets contribute to calcium excretion through the urine, and vegan diets tend to be lower protein than omni diets...

Actually vegans tend to have lower bone density because of a lack of calcium and vitamin D supplementation. However, assuming you fortify with enough vits, you will have better than average bone density because high protein diets contribute to calcium excretion through the urine, and vegan diets tend to be lower protein than omni diets...

I do take a multi vitamin and make sure I get at the average of 1 gram per pound body weight of protein. I only wonder should I be using rice protein powder, or any other vegan protein powder, at all?

I would say that 1g/lb is definitely enough for muscle growth. The only reason I could see to add more is if you are trying to lose weight and a high protein diet helps you control hunger better. Otherwise if you are happy with your progress and intake I don't see a problem...