Life-changing experiences from Finland

candyflip

Hello!

If you had seen me ten months ago, you woudn't have believed i was the same person. I was obese, drank and smoke too much, never exercised at all (hated it), vegetarian and really depressed with lots of pills. Then i met cbob (he's also on this forum). He made me do this!

Now i've lost ~30 kilos or ~66 lbs and lift weigts about 3-4 times a week. I also went straight (except i'm a caffein junkie ) and vegan. I think this change also cured most of my depression, except for the core of the illness. It is and it's been a tough road, but i'm gonna make it to something better than my former life, i promise! I've hade some really small toughts in the back of my head about attending some fitness competitions (not bodybuilding though), but we'll see about that.

Here's a nice little fatso-veggie-drinker-smoker-lazyass- "before picture" for you to goggle at before i manage to upload some seriously disturbed pics in the before-after -section!

mursu.jpg.ba6861f9b929d19dc70340ae0a18c333.jpg

before

The whole thing, really ancient ones.

Really, Finland usually sucks, but sometimes it does kick ass And not only because we just got a whole bunch of new cheap-ass vegan 'milk' products, like oat- and soymilk (from Rainbow, which is like THE cheapest grocery label in Finland) or blueberry- and strawberry-yogurts <3

Thanks for the welcomings and compliments, my bad self-esteem really appriciates those

tuc: yes it was at Assembly, or actually at Boozembly I also managed to get a really nasty scar on my left shin that evening. One more reason why not to drink... I think i'll just focus on the demo-side of demoparties hencefort. (PS. looked up the word "henceforth" from a free internet encyclopedia, and the example sentence for the word was "Henceforth we must ban all animal meal" )

edit: i figured that some of you might actually appreciate some NUMBERS, so here you are:

- i'm 173 cm / 5' 8"

- i used to be 95 kilos / 209 lbs and now i'm about 65 kilos / 143 lbs

- my body fat percentage came down from 33% (or more, i tested it for the first time after already loosing 10 kilos / 22 lbs) to 24,5%