Thought I was at my best - still got smoked

robert

I have been working very hard...that is no secret...I thought I was at my best lately before my contest yesterday.

I did a photo shoot with Randall Perez (xdarthveganx) on Wednesday, July 8th, 3 days before my competition.

Here I am 3 days before competition....still waiting to see contest photos taken by official photographer...Randall took some but because of where he was they came out fairly dark and kind of blurry......from the ones I saw today at his house I looked soft on stage and didn't present myself well.

So I wanted to share the ones that were in clear lighting and turned out well

Here are just a few...I have many more but just wanted to share some of them for now.

Lots to improve on, but 2009 was a good year overall. I think I'm done competing for the year....I thought I had one or two more, but I'm going to go back and focus on improving so I'll be even better for next year.

In 2009 I finished (in sequential order) 1st, 2nd, 5th, 3rd, and didn't place last night.

Back to work...I had a nice dinner tonight

Some pics:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs188.snc1/6320_1177326987459_1056650054_535186_1454881_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs188.snc1/6320_1177327027460_1056650054_535187_5252697_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs168.snc1/6320_1177327067461_1056650054_535188_5867939_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs168.snc1/6320_1177327107462_1056650054_535189_3688508_n.jpg

I really learned a lot this year and now it's time to apply it. I had some great success and some very humbling moments as a bodybuilder. I made a lot of new friends this year, had some great contest results that look good on paper, was so consistent I saw real noticeable results in my training numbers and in my physique, and now I'm hanging up the trunks for 2009.

Hello food. Hello larger clothing. Hello heavier weights. I'm Robert Cheeke, nice to meet you.

You're a great inspiration to a lot of people, not just with your body but also the determination and the will to continue to improve. Regarding the photos, everything looks great to me, though your arms, legs, shoulders and pecs seem larger and more defined than your back and abs. Legs look particularly huge in these photos

The positive thing about losing is that it motivates you to work even harder for your next competition. I bet next year you'll be bigger and better and will knock everyone's socks off!

I know that whenever I receive negative feedback, I use that as fuel to better myself. As much as we all hate to receive criticism, it really is useful! I don't think that I'd train nearly as hard as I do now without it. That's why I like the competitions so much. Last year I lost the leg competitions due to how skinny they were.. Now I train them like a monster!

Well, your legs look a TON bigger!!!!! Your upper not so much. Your chest actually looks a little bit smaller than the show you did after Phoenix where it looked huge. Triceps looking better too, but you still arent throwing your abs out when you do your front double bicep. Poke your mothafuckin abs out Robert! Practice it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The professional photographer posted some pics.

I am in 3 of them (that I know of) I'm in #'s 309, 310, and 311:

#'s 322 and 323 are the 5 guys who beat me, another guy also beat me in 316, 317, 318

http://www.markmasonmedia.com/galleries/2009_oregon_state/index.html

Off to L.A. now......gotta make some money Bodybuilding is expensive and lots of loans to pay off.....back in action!

Obviously it is posing......one pose is better than the other....the legs can't change dramatic size in 3 days.....just how they are posed.

That's all. That is the first thing I noticed too...that legs didn't look as good as usual, but it's just the way it was posed for the second the photo was taken.

Still gotta make them bigger and better.....eating more again.....but also busier too....just landed in LA...time for dinner!

RC

I think arm and chest look better on stage though

Now...the race to 200 lbs begins! I got up to 195 last year and then started to prepare for contests...maybe I'll make it this year!

Best of luck in your shows Octo......keep pushing hard and work on posing and all that....then you can make the leg look twice as big rather than half as big..I think I hadn't sat down on it all the way to bring out the greater width and during the photo shoot I had all the time I wanted to get into the pose, so those were all factors.

See ya.

I think that side chest photo on stage is solid. Chest, arms, legs all look awesome.

Now...the race to 200 lbs begins! I got up to 195 last year and then started to prepare for contests...maybe I'll make it this year!

By all means prove me wrong, but I don't think that you can carry 200lbs lean on your frame.

It's unfortunate that you seem to hold a lot of fat around your stomach, I think that's all that is holding you back.

Thanks......I know what you mean about my stomach...my abs are better now than ever but I still have that little "pooch" thing on the bottom

I'll keep working on it....right now working on bulking up....hope to prove you wrong

I question my ability as well since I've tried and have never achieved my goal but there is still plenty of time and if I can find the time or make the time to do it right, I believe I can get there.

It's hard for many to understand that bodybuilding and vegan bodybuilding are only a part of what I do.....I have so many other things going on....it does make it hard to excel in all of them but I can still do pretty well in all of them and truly excel in the ones that are highest on my list.....bodybuilding is only #3 these days so I feel pretty good with the year I had based on where bodybuilding fit on my priority list.....

Always trying to improve though and I think I was at my best ever this year so I'll just keep moving forward.

It's hard for many to understand that bodybuilding and vegan bodybuilding are only a part of what I do.....I have so many other things going on....it does make it hard to excel in all of them but I can still do pretty well in all of them and truly excel in the ones that are highest on my list.....bodybuilding is only #3 these days so I feel pretty good with the year I had based on where bodybuilding fit on my priority list.....

Always trying to improve though and I think I was at my best ever this year so I'll just keep moving forward.

Don't worry...In life there will always be someone that will be better than you..No matter who you are..

What counts is to enjoy what you are doing..And don't forget that you inspire a lot of people as a vegan bber..