Importance of showing films

violet13

There are many ways to promote animal rights movement and veganism to create better world for animals, environment, our health, and to reduce starvation but I think showing films as wake up call to people who are casually tossing meat/dairy/eggs in their shopping basket is one of effective way.

I am sure some of people on this forum are visited www.tribeofheart.com/

and saw films 'Witness' and 'Peaceable Kingdom'.

If you are interested, please buy these films and take to colleges, libraries, churches, community centers, work places, etc and let people to view these films.

Of course we cannot expect all people who view these films to become vegans but many people will re-think their eating habit after viewing these excellent films.

I ordered film 'Witness' from vegetarian organization about month ago and thinking about taking this film to many places to show large numbers of people, if I can get permission of showing this film.

I love both those films, but "Witness" was especially touching. I love Eddie Lama's story about taking care of a cat for a friend. While talking on the phone, he pets the cat & notices how the hind leg of the cat felt like a chicken leg. That night he went to dinner where chicken was being served & an entirely new way of thinking overcame him.

The film did have a few graphic scenes, but how can you discuss fur & trapping without?

Very moving & touching film! Highly recommended!