Miami

Miami20Girl

Hey everyone. I'm just looking to see where I can get enough protein to sustain myself. I'm 20 years old & female, but I run for 2 hours each day and I do some really light weights (like 8 lbs) for my arms. If anyone has any info on what proteins shakes are available in the area (I'm guessing from wild oats).. please let me know! Thanks

~Cristi

Hey Cristi,

Welcome to the group! Yeah, Wild Oats has a bunch of vegan foods, as you probably know, and they do have a variety of soy protein powers, rice protein, probably hemp protein and may pea protein or some other form of vegan protein powder. They all work pretty well, they just add amino acids and protein to your diet, so most people go on flavor. We're discussing a bit on some other pages on this forum about the brand names to use and which ones not to use. I think it is under General Discussion about protein powders, but maybe under Nutrition Programs, check both.

It sounds like you are doing a lot of exercise, great job, way to push it hard. You can also just add more whole foods to your diet to get more protein.

You can include more of the following:

Tofu

Beans

Broccoli

Spinach

Nuts

Nut butters

Lentils

Potatoes

Grains

Seeds

Protein bars (Clif, Odwalla, and others)

Soy milk

Soy foods

Green Vegetables

A whole bunch of fruits

You can also snack on some vegan donuts from Wild Oats, as a treat once in a while

Feel free to add more about your current diet and training programs and once again, welcome to our group of awesome vegans!