Natalie Portman No Longer Vegan? Jake Gyllenhaal Investigate

Vegan Joe

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2009/08/28/natalie-portman-no-longer-vegan-jake-gyllenhaal-investigates/

Please say this isn’t true. Please say this isn’t true. Please say this isn’t true.

One of my all time favorite vegans, Natalie Portman, recently sat down with Jake Gyllenhaal for a chat in Interview Magazine. Half way through the piece, Gyllenhaal asks Portman about her favorite foods. Here’s how it went down:

GYLLENHAAL: Okay. What’s your favorite food?

PORTMAN: Well, I don’t think you can really improve upon Carvel ice cream cake.

GYLLENHAAL: I’m more Baskin-Robbins style myself.

PORTMAN: Oh really? I am so Carvel. Did I just bring us back to 1985 Long Island?

Now don’t freak yet! Natalie is a fairly new vegan and just because she likes Carvel, that doesn’t necessarily mean she’s still eating it.

What do you think? Is Natalie done with the vegan thing? Put on your detective hat and tell us what you think!

I never even heard that she had attempted to go vegan. Last thing I read about her thoughts on veganism were from Nov. 2007 as follows:

On not being a vegan and recycling clothing:“She’s not a vegan, though she has been trying to phase out eggs. ‘But I don’t think I could do it. It’s really hard for traveling, especially if you want to maintain your protein levels.’ She refuses to wear leather, but will wear wool. ‘Although I don’t think I have a lot of wool clothes. And I sort of made a no-buying-anything-new rule. I just have a lot of stuff,’ she says with a tiny pout. ‘And I figured: look, if I need something, if my running shoes have holes in them and I don’t have running shoes any more, then I’ll get new ones. But you know, I have 40 T-shirts, I have 20 pairs of jeans – you get so forced into believing [that you need all this stuff]. Maybe it’s a New York thing.’”

not a big deal, im vegan, and from time to time ill eat whatever i want.

like seriously if someone makes a soup or something with some kind of animal stock i wont not have it because of it.

i have to have something from time to time to maintain my sanity.

i am also a new vegan