Houston area vegans, PLEASE HELP!!!

VitativeVegan

Here's the deal:

The Montgomery County Animal Shelter in Conroe is closing down. They can no longer afford to operate given the state of the economy and an influx of animals being surrendered. They've still got a lot of animals who need homes, and they're trying so hard to find them somewhere to go so they don't have to euthanize them, which is, sadly, the course of action they're taking if the animals don't get homes. There are some rescue groups who are helping with about 80 dogs and puppies, but the cats are sorta left in the lurch. As of Sunday, September 20, there were still about 30 cats and plenty more dogs needing somewhere to go. I'd go and adopt, but I'm living with my parents, and they have three cats, so I can't. If anyone needs a new companion, or maybe a sweet, furry addition to their family, or if you just want to save a life, you should go and adopt one of the animals. They've gotten rid of the adoption fee to try to get more people to come and adopt. The last day to help is this coming Saturday, the 26th. They're going to be giving away the last of their little guys from noon to 4, or at least, I hope they'll be giving them all away.

If you're not in the immediate area, maybe somewhere else in Texas, but you'd like to help and adopt one, maybe some of us Houstonians can foster a pet for a week or two until you can make it to Houston?

I'm in tears over this because I'm so desperate to help, and getting the word out is the only way I know how.

http://montgomerycountynews.net/index.php?module=article&view=874 9/20:

"Rumors of the animals being put down surfaced on Friday and Saturday morning all the animals had been adopted out after a mass pouring in of the community."

All safe It's interesting how memes like this spread. People are also posting it on facebook today but it's already happened (that's also how I found out they'd all been adopted). I guess news of the solution travels slower than that of the problem (: