Heyho from Germany!

Fjodo

Hi folks,

well, I am a German guy. Ok, Germany is just the place I have been raised; my ancestors are a wild mixture from the Middle East and Africa, including, among others, a pygmy.

Ok, so about me:

I became vegan when I was, like, 17 years. Before that, I was fed nothing but lamb and wethers. Seriously, as good as nothing else. Even bread was rare. My father was such a meat addict (and he lived neither long nor very well, health-wise), you couldn't believe it! Not so surprisingly, as a child I was very sick all the time, suffering from a lack of, well, anything, I guess. Also, I was very, very skinny. I liked sports, but I never built that much muscle. Until my 17th birthday, I weighed, like, 48kg/105lbs. So when I was 17, I had serious (as in life threatening) problems with my liver. That was the time I decided to change everything and to get vegan. I couldn't stand meat anymore, and the doctors just gave me the last reason to ban it completely.

Ok, so next few years, world was fine as a vegan. Went to university, had some fun. I also started running and climbing. At that time, I was still rather skinny with 52kg/114lbs and a low percentage of body-fat. Last year, though, in mid February, the long term problems of my bad nutrition during childhood returned, this time again liver and kidneys, too, causing me to loose 39,9lbs/18kg. The next few months, I couldn't do any sport. I had no energy at all, which also prevented me from performing my job as a teacher any longer.

Luckily, I made it through that phase. I built up to 100,2lbs again, and I hope to get a lot higher. I never want to be to weak to hold a freaking bottle of water again! Also, I guess, I want to prove my family you don't have to live on an unhealthy, carnivorous (my father ate NOTHING but meat, onions and garlic. Ok, he was lean and very, very strong, yet, well, he died with 52) diet. And, of course, you wouldn't believe what kind of feeling it is to be PITIED by women for being so skinny and weak. Never again!

So, guys, I hope you will have some valuable advices for me. If you got any further questions, just ask, please. I am not really that good in talking about myself.

Greetings,

the Fjodo

• 1 month later...