Creatine

Creatine supplements, for the most part, are vegan. It's very cheap for creatine (monohydrate in particular) to be manufactured from synthetic sources than it is to use animal sources for it, so the bulk of creatine supplements out there are currently using the synthetic version. Of course, this doesn't mean that all creatine is vegan, since many companies put in non-vegan additivies, use gelatin capsules for some creatine supplements, or may be companies owned by larger ones that do animal testing. It all comes down to the individual product, but for many years, most creatine supplements have been using synthetic sources, so don't be alarmed by seeing mention of it being used by many of us!

There are many, many things that look like they're non-vegan, but many ingredients can be synthetically created to be vegan versions or can be made from vegetable/mineral sources as well. Part of the scariness is that many of the "vegan ingredient lists" floating around online are old, outdated, and never mention when things can have synthetic or vegetable-sourced counterparts, which is damaging to new vegans who may reference those lists for information.

i've been seeing a lot of people on here use this! i can't believe it!

i can't believe you really posted a new thread for this. i actually can't believe that you posted this at all.

whatever the reason that makes you bother about other people taking a supplement or not, grow up. or at least read something about before you make stupid posts like that.

I've just used the NOW brand in the past few years because I've always got it at our warehouse and it's cheap. I used to use the Optimum Nutrition brand creatine/glutamine/taurine combo, but once we stopped stocking their products a few years back I haven't used it since (they changed their protein powders to use milk-derived flavorings, so we dropped the entire line). I know that a lot of other people here use different brands, not sure what their preferences are, but I know there are quite a few of them out there!