Yohimbine

didn't read it as mg ... it's early.. it's early (that's my excuse - I'll be sticking to it!) I'll have to send a message of the Cdn border services to see if they'd let the powder across, since it's not exactly cheap here in .ca.. Tnx

Edit: Message sent - let's see what they have to say!

Haha, I accidentally say grams all the time. Taking 20g would probably make you trip out with horrible hallucinations and then die of kidney failure.

Tell me what kind of luck you have with the border. I know I saw a post by a Canadian on IntenseMuscle.com who had a source, so tell me if it doesn't work out for you. I dunno if his source includes a gelatin cap, though.

• 2 months later...

For what it's worth, I've thrown out my yohimbine. Tried it a few times and felt funny each time, this morning it pushed by BP up to 145/90 and my heart was beating very strongly (though heart rate was only 65). This was while at rest about two hours after taking it. Not worth it.

Everyone reacts differently but I wanted to note my experiences. I was using a standardized herbal extract, but from what I understand the side effects of the herbal one can be hallucinations and paranoia, which I didn't experience. The rising BP is a not uncommon side effect from the yohimbine itself.

Surprisingly, ephedrine doesn't raise my BP at all. It actually seems to lower it a little.

Well maybe it was an issue of the herbal form then. Now I'm rereading the description as "standardized to include a minimum of" so I may well have taken too high a dose.

Yeah, the herbal form can cause more issues. Not saying that HCL doesn't. To get a proper dose of HCL from an herbal concoction, you end up taking in all other kinds of yohimbine HCL-like alkaloids, which basically gives you the same negative effects of a high dosage of pure HCL, but without as much happy stuff. One of my bosses at my gym tried the herbal stuff, and it made him feel really weird. I haven't tried it, only the stuff from True Protein.

I just tried some topical yohimbine today. I used a fairly high dose of the powder and mixed it in with some lotion, then rubbed myself down with it. Not noticing any nasty effects, despite a fairly good dose (I figured a larger dose would be needed, since it won't be absorbed anywhere near as efficiently). It actually feels just like a caffeine buzz. I think due to a low absorption rate, you should be able to put some on in the morning, and enjoy the effects for several hours, with no need for a second dose (assuming you are IFing like me).

I haven't checked any studies on ALCAR, but I've read that it is quite effective, especially with stims. I could see it working great alongside yohimbine and caffeine, if claims about it are true. I don't know anything about Forskolin. I've heard of it being used as a thermogenic, but that is about it.