Visiting NYC

sosso

Hey guys, I'll be visiting NYC November 16 to December 7. Does anyone have any "must see" vegan hot spots? Also if anyone wants to meet up, let me know because I'll have quite a lot of free time. My sister is over there working so I'm visiting her, but I'll be out exploring during the day.

Check out supervegan.com for an extremely comprehensive restaurant guide.

My favorite spots:

Lula's sweet apothecary (one of two fantastic all vegan ice cream parlors in the east village)

Candle 79 (expensive all vegan fine dining)

Blossom Restaurant (similar to Candle but in Chelsea. Note- both Candle and Blossom also have smaller/cheaper cafes that are also worth hitting)

Pure Food and Wine (expensive, all raw vegan fine dining. Get the tasting menu if you can!)

S'nice (veggie restaurant with amazing vegan sandwiches, wraps and baked goods. Get the vegan panini!)

John's on 12th St is a 100 year old Italian restaurant which just added a full vegan menu that sounds amazing -http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-York-NY/Johns-of-12th-Street/146967728739?v=app_4949752878

If you go to North Brooklyn, be sure to get a couple slices of pizza from Vinnie's or a personal pie from the new brick oven place in greenpoint - Paulie Gee's. Food Swings is an amazing all vegan fast food restaurant in Williamsburg.

There's so much to eat in that city. I could go on and on.

Lots of good places. vegimator hit all the top ones in his post.

If you're in the east village, kate's joint is pretty good, my wife and I just went there last weekend. We went for lunch but I'd recommend Going in the evening as their dinner menu is larger. Lula's is within walking distance for some ice cream afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here. Having a great time. I have some photos here - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=299192&id=506871084&l=6e8d2eaefb so you can see what I've been up to.

I went to Johns on 12th St tonight. It was very good. Nice atmosphere and great food. There's a vegan restaurant next door too. I can't remember the name of it, but I'll see if my sister remembers it..

Ill be in on wednesday, 11.24 - not sure of my agenda that day yet but I recommend candle cafe and blossom case. organic grill on 123 first avenue is not completely vegan but has a lot of really good vegan food with good prices. There are so many other places, kate's joint, angelica's kitchen.