how many recovery days does one need :/?

kitcat

i really enjoy working out, even though sometimes i find myself lazy. but it seems that after my runs, or even at the gym on the elliptical machine i am just plain exhausted to the point where all i can do i lye in bed. im wondering if maybe im burning myself out too much, and what to do about it? (i run 8k lightly for an hour)

apparently you need rest days, but if i want to loose weight i dont understand how to work it all in? and how many rest days do you need?

how many days recovery you need depends on so many factors (length/intensity/frequency of workouts, sleep length/quality, largely on nutrition, how active you are outside of workouts, stress levels, genetic factors, environmental factors, etc.) that the only logical thing to do is to listen to your body.

In general you should feel energised throughout the day outside of workouts, it should be one of the benefits. If you're exhausted you either need to eat/sleep at a better quality/quantity, workout less frequently or look at the other factors.

i really enjoy working out, even though sometimes i find myself lazy. but it seems that after my runs, or even at the gym on the elliptical machine i am just plain exhausted to the point where all i can do i lye in bed. im wondering if maybe im burning myself out too much, and what to do about it? (i run 8k lightly for an hour)

apparently you need rest days, but if i want to loose weight i dont understand how to work it all in? and how many rest days do you need?

Rest is part of the process. Along with good nutrition, it's how you build muscle & recover. Sometimes it varies. For example, today I should have done legs. But, since I didn't warm up and stretch properly and was over motivated the other day, my calves are still kind of lame. So I gave them a rest so they can recover and worked around them.