My Teeth Are Whiter!?!?

navajess

Today I went to the dentist and he asked me if I have been bleaching my teeth. He commented on how white they were. And two other people this weekend also said that my teeth were really bright and white.

I do not use any whiteners and have not changed any of my dental products, but I have switched back to a vegan diet and have been on one for about 2 months now. Has anyone else experienced this? I cannot think of anything else that has changed that would affect my teeth...any ideas?

Diet is whole grains (gluten free), lots of veggies, about 50% raw, not a lot of fruits, good amount of nuts and nut butters, flax and hemp seed, lots of beans and lentils, soy products like tempeh, also use protein powders 1 - 2 times a day...

I'm thinking its the ph change that is causing the change in tooth color..my dentist was perplexed as to why my teeth got whiter! I'm not complaining, it's was unexpected benefit to eating this way:)

Raw strawberries, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar naturally whiten your teeth, being vegan more of those are being incorporated in your diet I'm sure, that's probably what it is. Plus chomping down on all those fruits and veggies all day scrapes and whitens your teeth too.

I've noticed this too, people always complement my teeth and ask if I whiten them, I say "no", now it makes sense perhaps it's a vegan diet! Another plus for us!

• 4 weeks later...
Raw strawberries, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar naturally whiten your teeth, being vegan more of those are being incorporated in your diet I'm sure, that's probably what it is. Plus chomping down on all those fruits and veggies all day scrapes and whitens your teeth too.

I've noticed this too, people always complement my teeth and ask if I whiten them, I say "no", now it makes sense perhaps it's a vegan diet! Another plus for us!

And to back what you've just said, in grade school we were taught by the dental hygenist who came around every year said exactly that. Especially about apples.