Killer wrist pain

Dirk

Hi folks, looking for some help here. Over the past month or so I've developed some pretty obnoxious wrist pain in my right wrist. I imagine it's from spending so much time at the computer (I'm a writer in a huge insurance company). I've had an ergonomic review, adjusted the way I sit and type, and I'm getting a special mouse.

But the pain is getting in the way of my training; after 30 minutes or so of lifting my wrist aches badly, to the point where I have a hard time keeping my grip on the barbell or dumbell. There are also some moves I used to do that are just out the question for now (overhand bicep curl, for example).

What can I do to alleviate the pain and recover? I'd rather not go to the doctor or take anything, so I'm more interested in stretching moves, ways to strengthen my wrist, and maybe even foods I should be including more heavily right now.

Thanks, in advance!!

It sounds like it could very well be repetitive stress injury from what you describe, most likely stemming from your computer usage all day - hands poised over the keyboard for long hrs...

The do have soft braces avail. to assist/support the wrist and/or prevent further stress to the area. I know of a guitarist how has a similar pain with his wrist & he soaks it in ice water a few times a day & that does relieve his pain.

It it persists for a long time I would be prompted to visit the Dr. just for an official diagnosis.

There are websites (google) that offer stretching/strengthening exercises for this type of injury. The healing can be a slow process sometimes...

One more thing; Do some reading on Wobenzym, which is a popular enzymatic supplement used among pro athletes for joint strain/repair - it may be a good choice for you in this instance, I would consider it, and it is fairly inexpensive too!.

I had problems with tendonitis in my left wrist from working on a production line. It would go away and come back for years after I quit working there and got so bad that I had to give up playing bass for a while. But, I saw this video on youtube and these stretches helped me tremendously. It's been about 2 years since I started doing them and the pain hasn't come back. Just remember to do them ever hour or so during repetitive activities.