Help me!

Hi there, i posted this in the womens fitness section as well, but i dont think it is quite as popular as this section...

I want to look something like this

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/RtotheC/ddd.jpg

i currently look something like this

its an old pic but you get the idea, we are roughly the same height...

What should i eat? What should my work out routine be like? I currently do about an hour of cardio 6-7 days a week, and do weights (leg extension, and calf raises) every other day. I go through phases where i'll do arms and abs but right now i'm focusing on my legs. Any advice would be well appreciated!

i appreciate the replies... what about nutrition? The part that is tricky here is loosing the fat and maintaining/growing muscle, because when you cut back on calories you risk going into starvation mode and muscle wasting... anyone know more about this? specific foods that would be beneficial?

You already have the figure you aspire to. The only difference is, as others have mentioned, is that the model is tanned.

To lose fat and gain muscle, carry on training as you already are, i.e weights for muscle growth/toning, and cardio to lose fat.

I wouldn't calorie count. Maybe change exercise intensity would help in burning extra calories.

You've got nothing to worry about though.

Mission Accomplished as far as nutrition, what i feel is the most important supplement besides b-vitamins is flax seeds. these ensure that you are getting the EFA's you need to stay healthy. no specific foods as long as your diet is clean (no junk food, bad starches, sugar, soda, etc.). a daily protein shake or two is probably in order. and since no one else has said this about your pic, i guess its up to me...RAWWWWWWWWWR

i appreciate the replies... what about nutrition? The part that is tricky here is loosing the fat and maintaining/growing muscle, because when you cut back on calories you risk going into starvation mode and muscle wasting... anyone know more about this? specific foods that would be beneficial?

Did you say you want to lose more fat? What is you age? height? weight? Body Fat percentage?

Did you say you want to lose more fat? What is you age? height? weight? Body Fat percentage?

age 19, 5'11, unsure of weight, but awile ago i had my bfp taken and it was like 19%!! Good ideas about the essential fatty acids i will give that a try thanks everyone again for the tips (compliments are quite nice too )

• 2 weeks later...

the second photo is more attractive. if toning up is your goal maybe try switching from 5-6 hours of cardio(my lord!) to maybe half that using the remaining time for resistance training. do your treadmill work but better yet try a stair stepping machine - this will tone your thighs and your butt as well as burn fat/cals. keep doing the leg exts and calf raises but add some alt. db lunges and some light squats. this should tone you up nicely! " title="Applause" />