How many calories?

klaatu21

so acording to that site i need 55% carbs, 15% protein and 30% fat does that sound ok?

If you click 'Change Your Fitness Goals' you will see 2 options: a guided setup and a custom setup

In the guided setup you cant change your macronutrient ratios, however, in the custom set up you can.

Personally I have a:

55/20/25 split (c/p/f)

or a:

60/20/20 split (c/p/f)

I can't really give you much advice on the best macro split as everyone varies greatly, some work better on higher fat, lower carbs; others work better with a higher carbs, lower fat diet.

My advice with macros: Experiment week by week until you find the best one suited for you.

I can't really give you much advice on the best macro split as everyone varies greatly, some work better on higher fat, lower carbs; others work better with a higher carbs, lower fat diet.

My advice with macros: Experiment week by week until you find the best one suited for you.

Everything in Nicholas's posts is spot on. Though, I'd give it 2-3 weeks just because it'll take a little while for the body (and mind) to adjust between high fat or high carb; also don't forget to try out cycling (high-carb/low fat on lift days; lower-carb/higher fat on non-lift days) because that does wonders for some people, too.

Everything in Nicholas's posts is spot on. Though, I'd give it 2-3 weeks just because it'll take a little while for the body (and mind) to adjust between high fat or high carb; also don't forget to try out cycling (high-carb/low fat on lift days; lower-carb/higher fat on non-lift days) because that does wonders for some people, too.

Good note! 2-3 weeks would be much better than my reccommended 1 week.

Wow thanks every one, now I have the mammoth task of planning my meals now, do either of you have an example I can work from?

Usually, I just make meals, daily food up as I go along. Gives more of a variation and is less boring.

I know this is a rediculous question but I should count carbs and the like from veg and fruit too shouldn't I?

Yeah, count everything. I do, just to be more accurate; because the more accurate you are, the less fat you will gain.

I'm a big fan of cooking big, then freezing it for ease, because when I finally finish work myotivatipn to eat properly goes out the window, any good recipe recommendations?

Chilis, soups, stews, and stir-frys are always good bets. Will provide links to a few good ones once I have more time.