Hello from the San Fernando Valley

Migueljr

Hello Everyone,

My name is Miguel and after some time of reading post of here got the guts to make a profile and join. I am not a full on vegan but i am on my way. I met Robert a little over a year ago at a talk he gave at UCLA. Because of him and the group of speakers there i felt that going vegan was a route i want to go. When i met Robert i was close to 400 lbs but since then have come down to about 340lbs. I want to take my life to the next level. It has been a long road but every day i try to have less and less meals that have any animal product. I have stopped eating red meat and most dairy. I was having a lot of health issues but some have been getting better with some changes that i have been doing. The sad part is that lately i have fallen off the wagon and cant seem to get back on. I feel that i have taken a few steps back and that is not what i want. I really don't have much support with my family. I guess that is why i got the guts to join and see if i can find other people in my area that can help me out with support and if we live close maybe even workout. My goal is that i can lose enough weight that i can join the navy at the end of 2012. Well that is my story nothing special about me or where i am on this journey like most people on this website. Just want to say hi and hope that i can make and meet some new friends.

Miguel Jr. Sotelo

Welcome Miguel!

Great to have you here. I enjoyed meeting you in LA and I'm very glad we've kept in touch since!

Awesome to see you on the forum and involved in The 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness too.

Thanks for sharing your intro. As always, I wish you the best! Let's tackle some New Years Resolutions next week! But why start next week, when we can start today?

Catch up soon.

See you on the forum.

-Robert

Wow, Miguel, thanks for sharing your story! I just joined the forum as well, and am also looking forward to learning from the knowledge and experiences of the community here. Congratulations on your great weight loss success so far! I guess one thing that's key is to not beat yourself up over mistakes, but to just readjust your vision to keep your goals in sight and then keep moving towards that. And I say that as much for myself as for you!

Happy New Year! And wishing you all the best on YOUR journey!

-Karen