Ouch!

Need some advice. This isn't really related to being vegan, but I'm sure one of you can help me out. I was lifting yesterday, shoulder presses with dumbells to be exact, and I felt my left shoulder "pop out". It didn't really hurt all that much at the time, but it's pretty sore now. I stopped lifting immediately, but now what? How long should I expect it to be sore? How long before I should go back at it? What CAN I do? Would chest presses or incline presses be out of the question? What should I be doing in the future to keep this from happening? I think maybe my arms were too far back but...I don't really know. This is the first time this has ever happened to me.

Oh yeah that happened to me, my weight was too heavy and it popped out when i locked out at the top. I did no upper body for one week, then on my second week reintroduced upperbody with light weights. I still feel it a bit on some exercises like lat pull downs, and i wont touch dips anymore, and i wont go heavy on shoulder presses either. i would wait at least a week....well maybe i will try dips if my new trainer wants me to but that motion i can still fill a bit of pain when i do it...and its been like over a month... take this time to work on your legs, do some squats..