Get Ripped or Die Trying

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are single arm pressing 100lbs?!?!

I officially hate you then. AKA jealousy

HAHA! Well, the way I do these is with 55lbs on one end of my olympic bar (45lbs - I know you know that), and the other end on the floor. It's not straight up and down over my head, but pretty close. Do my rows the same way only with knee and opposite hand on the bench. I love doing t-bar rows like this. Also, I never thought of this, but I suppose it might be less than 100lbs given that the tip of the bar remains on the floor. Not sure...

I am sick of 90 degree weather here. I can't wait for official fall weather. You definitely kick butt.

haha thanks. It's been 80s/90s here for months now, and it's getting really old. Sometimes I try to invoke the new season just by dressing accordingly. Looks like the weather will change here on Tuesday, which happens to be my birthday!

Thursday, September 30, 2015:

Legs

1. Squat - 3 x 12 @ 305lbs

2. Jump Squat - 3 x 12 @ 25lbs

-

3. Side Step Up - 3 x 12* @ 70lbs

4. Hamstring Curl - 3 x 15 @ 45lbs

-

5. Angle Squat - 3 x 12* @ 115lbs

6. Calf Raise - 3 x 20 @ 115lbs

Much better today, and training was decent as well. I think it might be time for a change in approach; possibly to focusing more on bodyweight training. I think that would allow me to be more dynamic in my sessions when crunched for time. Perhaps it would help me break through plateaus as well. I think I could probably even squeeze in some rowing each day of training before doing an intense 45 minutes of full body bodyweight training. I'll mull it over tomorrow and maybe give it a go.

Hell yeah brother! Kickin tail on those squats. I love calisthenics but really wish I had a gymnastics background. I feel am very limited in my advancement in the trick moves like planches and muscle ups do to that. Other than that, the basic movements of body weight training are awesome for muscle development and coordination.

Thursday, October 1, 2015:

Chest / Arms

0. Row - 1500m; 5:00 minutes

1. Pushup Trio (W/S/D) - 3 x 50

2. Chin-Ups - 3 x 12

-

3. Bar Dips - 3 x 15

4. Decline Fly - 3 x 12 @ 70lbs

-

5. Cross Curls - 3 x 12* @ 70lbs

6. Tricep Dips - 3 x 20

More bodyweight focused day today. I really felt a chest pump combining Nos. 3 & 4. It would be sweet to build a dip station, if I had the time. Lately I've just been using two chairs we have that are padded on the back - but they are inexpensive, and I'm afraid they might just snap like little twigs. Was a long day at the office, so I'm kind of surprised I had the energy to get through this. Not really having much of an appetite lately either; probably stress related. Still craving peanut butter pretty much all the time, however. Will rest tomorrow, and do shoulders/back on Saturday.

Saturday, October 3, 2015:

Shoulders / Back

1. Sumo Deadlift - 3 x 12 @ 175lbs

2. Arnold Press - 3 x 12 @ 70lbs

-

3. Bent Over Row - 3 x 12 @ 175lbs

4. Lateral Raise - 3 x 12 @ 30lbs

-

5. Wide Grip Pullups - 3 x 12

6. Plate Raise - 3 x 12 @ 45lbs

Decent training today. A little tired from the week, but still managed to pull this off in under an hour. Knew I needed to train today, because we are making spaghetti tonight, and I bought some rolls for garlic bread. Going to make a huge salad too, and some Caesar dressing from the JustMayo stuff I picked up last week. It's absolutely spot on, and I can't wait for some comfort food tonight. Going to get a little work done today as well, so need to head out. Back Tuesday with legs. I'll try for a bodyweight leg day.

Have a good weekend!

Tuesday, October 6, 2015:

Rest Day

Got home at a decent hour, and since the weather was nice and the sun still out, I thought my time would be better spent walking Penny than down in the basement with the weights. Smart move. I needed some fresh air after a super long day at the office just staring at a computer screen. I'll get at it tomorrow with legs.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015:

Legs

1. Squat - 3 x 10 @ 310lbs

2. Lunge Jumps - 3 x 12 @ 50lbs

-

3. Hamstring Curl - 3 x 20 @ 45lbs

4. Reverse Lunge - 3 x 12* @ 70lbs

-

5. Goblet Squat - 3 x 12 @ 45lbs

6. Belt Kicks - 3 x 20

Felt good to get in some training tonight, especially since I did nothing but read documents on the computer ALL DAY. That really sucked. Even by 2pm my eyes were so tired, and my mind completely lacked any focus. I hope there are fewer days like that. Given my day, I'm going to keep this post really short. Chest/Arms tomorrow. Might even hop on the rower for a few.

Thursday, October 8, 2015:

Chest / Arms

1. Pushup Trio - 3 x 50 (W/S/D)

2. Curls - 3 x 12 @ 85lbs

And that's all I had juice for tonight. I had a feeling that today would be challenging at work, and I was right. Long day, long hours, complex work. My job isn't physically demanding, but instead is wholly thought based. Mostly reading/writing. A lot of reading, actually. Mostly reading. It can be draining, and all consuming, which means I often forget to eat. That ends up with me going hungry, or having a snack attack (peanut butter is the preferred snack, which makes sense considering the brain drain). So anyway tonight I just didn't feel like training, but at least I got this in. I'll try to do more on Saturday, but I think I'll probably be working from home . . .

Saturday, October 10, 2015:

TRX Day (3 Round, Rest 3 Minutes)

1. Chest Fly x 15

2. Bulgarian Split Squats x 15*

3. Supinated Rows x 15

4. I's x 15

5. Curls x 15

6. Side Lunge x 15*

7. Ring Dips x 12

8. Neutral Grip Ring Pullups x 15

Hopefully this makes up for some of the shoddy training this week. Can't say that my appetite has improved much overnight. Haven't really eaten much today beyond oats/protein powder, a pear, and some pretzel bites. Long story short, I'm tired. Tired enough to try to ignore and sleep through the beeping (dead battery) smoke detector that woke me up today at 4:45a. I actually slept through that thing even though it was beeping every 90 seconds or so, until 7:15 when I got up and ripped it off of the ceiling lol. I need to mow the lawn before the close of the season, but I don't think I have it in me to do the edging or blow/bag leaves. That was literally my favorite part of Fridays at my old gig.

Anyhow, this was pretty good training. Didn't sweat much because it's chilly in here, but my limbs feel like jelly. Back on Tuesday. Have a good weekend all.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015:

Legs

1. Reverse Lunge - 3 x 12* @ 135lbs

2. Squat Jumps - 3 x 12 @ 35lbs

-

3. Single Leg Squat - 3 x 12* @ 70lbs

4. Hamstring Curl - 3 x 20 @ 45lbs

-

5. Side Squat - 3 x 12* @ 120lbs

6. Calf Raise - 3 x 20 @ 120lbs

Solid training today. The reverse lunge I did with the barbell, and I can tell you right now I'm going to have some sore glutes tomorrow. Got nice and low, and really felt the muscle stretch out over the pelvis. Did some balance work to with these, as well as the single leg squats; noticed a bit of weakness tonight with stabilizer muscles. Otherwise, not a bad day. Wasn't as productive at work as I like to be, but I'm sure it will be there tomorrow. Appetite is coming back, but I'm cool with cutting a bit more.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015:

Chest / Arms

1. Bench - 3 x 12 @ 205lbs

2. Skullcrusher - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

3. Incline Fly - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

4. HIT Rob's Curls - 3 x 12 @ 70lbs (I forgot the real name)

-

5. Ring Dips - 3 x 12

6. DB Hammer Curls - 3 x 10 @ 70lbs

Pretty good day, I suppose. Not as productive at the office again, but I lost an hour to a lunch meeting. I noticed how weak my bench was today. I mean I really struggled to get this weight up. Just shows how different bodyweight and weight training really are. The curls up there were pretty brutal today. Arms were jelly after training. I'll have to look up the name, though I do like naming them after HIT Rob. Alright, that's enough computer for one day.

Shoulders/Back tomorrow - I hope.

Thursday, October 15, 2015:

Rest Day

Over the top busy today at the office, which left me kind of drained. It was so nice out when I got home I just had to take Penny for a walk; especially since I know the temperature is not going to be above 60* this time of day for very much longer. Honestly I bet tonight's walk was the last one I'll be able to take her on in the evenings until next April, or something shitty like that.

Anyhow, needed a bit of rest. Appetite is better.