help me find the right meal plan

Nirie

Hi all! I've just introduced myself... but I'll do it again.

My name is Irene, I'm 22 years old and I have decided to start training seriously. Until now I trained (and ate) when I wanted to, as much as I wanted to. Thus I reached a good level of fitness, but I am not satisfied.

I think my body doesn't show up all my efforts and the problem is one: diet. I've been vegan for 9 years but I've always relied on (vegan) junk food. I want to make a clean break with the past (and all the crap I ate) but it is not so easy for me to understand where to start... there is so much misinformation out there! I am so confused! I definitely need your help

I train every single day for at least 1 hour. I need to "do something" even during my rest day, usually it is some yoga or light cardio with some stretching. I prefer aerobic activities, but now I've increased strength training because during winter I can't go running (I am a full time student and I come home it is already dark). I have no access to a gym so I train at home with dumbbells, mostly watching workout dvds.

I am 5ft4" tall and I weight 127lb (163cm, 58kg), I am not overweight but I would like to replace some fat with muscle without following an hypocaloric diet. I don't know how much calories I should eat, however. According to my heart-rate monitor I burn between 500 and 1000 calories per workout, but I know they are not reliable. It is also true that I spend most of my day sitting on a chair doing brain work. I neither know how much protein I should eat. I tried some smoothies with rice protein, but they tasted disgusting... and I don't want to take all my protein from soy! Moreover, I know I should as much fruit and vegetables as possible, but the problem is always the same... how much is enough?

Where can I find a precise meal plan to follow (at least for the first days)?

Thank you. I know, I sound like a noob, but that's what I am!

PS. bear in mind that I am Italian: I have not access to all the supplement/strange foods you have in the US.

PPS. thank you again!

Hi Irene, try looking in the training journals section under some of the female's that post specifically what they are eating on a regular basis. You might want to find a non-bodybuilder unless that is your goal.

Goodluck ,

Dylan