Too much soy??

Are these personal experiences or do you have some references?

I recently cut back on my soy by nearly 100%. Soy is very very hard on your thyroid and causes hypothyroidism. If you find that you are gaining unwanted weight, being tired, feeling depressed, cold all the time, or you have dry hands, feet or elbows, cut back on the soy. Also broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflour have the same effect on the thyroid.

Both, my thyroid was malfunctioning and now that I stopped the soy/broccoli/cabbage things are better. Are you doubting me? Try google.

No, I am not doubting _you_ . In fact I am very interested in hearing about peoples experiences with soy. This is why I ask where the information is from. If you tell me these are your personal experiences, I believe it.

If the information is obtained from the web, I would like to check out the source. There is a soy war going on out there, and one should always remain skeptical when presented with claims from web sites, in particular commercial ones. Unfortunately a Google search is not a guarantee for scientifically proven information. The situation can be improved somewhat by using a filter (searching only on .edu sites, say) or by using the "scientific google" scholar.google.com.

Regards.

Are these personal experiences or do you have some references?

I recently cut back on my soy by nearly 100%. Soy is very very hard on your thyroid and causes hypothyroidism. If you find that you are gaining unwanted weight, being tired, feeling depressed, cold all the time, or you have dry hands, feet or elbows, cut back on the soy. Also broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflour have the same effect on the thyroid.

Both, my thyroid was malfunctioning and now that I stopped the soy/broccoli/cabbage things are better. Are you doubting me? Try google.

.......In fact I am very interested in hearing about peoples experiences with soy. This is why I ask where the information is from. If you tell me these are your personal experiences, I believe it.

Years ago I was diagnosed with multinodular goiter. I scoured the internet trying to find out whatever I could on goiters and what causes them. I learned about goitrogens at that time. Soy is considered to be a goitrogens - a food that suppresses thyroid function, therefore could cause your thyroid to grow or grow nodules. Some of the other foods VB mentioned are also considered goitrogens.

On a personal level, I have my thyroid checked every year. There is a chance that I may become hypo or hyper thyroid (why it is checked so frequently), but so far my blood chemistry is right where it should be. I did have some of the symptoms of an underactive thyroid when my goiter was fist discovered, but for the most part, those symptoms have all gone away. I don't limit my intake of foods thought to be goitrogens - at least I didn't before I became raw. When I was a cooked food vegan, I ate at least one full bag of broccolli (16 oz, I think) every day, as well as brussel sprouts, cauliflower, turnips and lots of tofu. My thyroid has not gotten any bigger than it was when it was first discovered

Anyone can suffer from the symptoms of soy but it doesn't really make sense to me to avoid it unless your raw or you suffer from the ills of soy. Soy in access is no more harmful than any other food unless your alergic or have something wrong with a your body before hand.