Veggie Put Luck Dinner

finbarrio

Hey y'all-

Kristy's yoga instructor held a veggie pot luck dinner last night. It was pretty cool - lots of veggie and vegan food, acoustic guitars and drum circles. A little trippy here and there, but overall a cool time.

Kristy made a quiche and vegan chocolate cupcakes which were a HUGE hit (I did my part by staying out of the kitchen while Kristy was cooking).

The best part, though, was when one of the non-veggies there said to a bunch of people that she felt better being a non-veggie at this party because someone brought a quiche. Kristy said, and I quote, "ha ha, joke's on you - the quiche is vegan. " People were shocked that it was vegan - it actually was way better than any quiche I ever remember having - didn't have that heaviness.

This was the first Veggie Pot Luck we've been to - we're hoping to host the next one. Anyone else ever do these?

The best part, though, was when one of the non-veggies there said to a bunch of people that she felt better being a non-veggie at this party because someone brought a quiche. Kristy said, and I quote, "ha ha, joke's on you - the quiche is vegan. " People were shocked that it was vegan - it actually was way better than any quiche I ever remember having - didn't have that heaviness.

That's great!

It seems like some omins (most?) have a preconceived notion about vegan food, so if they know it's vegan ahead of time, it's almost like they plan to dislike it, and nothing can change their mind. It's always a wonderful moment when they try something they think isn't vegan, rave about it, then are told it is vegan (so they can't really take back their words!)

You HAVE to share the recipe with us (pleaaase?)

I used to go to veggie potlucks when I lived in Madison, WI and was active in an animal rights group there. The best ones were when the public was invited and non-veg*ns got exposed to some good veggie (mainly vegan) food.